PDA

View Full Version : Pay rises

oriental flyer
5th Apr 2007, 06:45
Yup I thought that would get your attention, but unfortunately not for us just the directors.

In yesterdays SCMP there was an article relating to Tony Tyler and Philip Chen who received 18% and 9% pay rises respectively . Bringing their salaries to just a little a little over HK$ 10 million each plus a HK$ 4 Million bonus for last years profits . This year's bonuses have yet to be announced but I suspect that they will be large.

I have no argument with what they earn, if you can get someone to pay you that much good luck to you. However when management bonuses equate to 40% of a yearly salary it makes our profit share seem very one sided. or am I the only one that thinks this way?

The Management
5th Apr 2007, 09:04
We Managers are making the decisions on whether we make a profit or not. Do you genuinely believe the pilots, cabin crew, ground staff, office staff actually make decisions that make The Cathay Pacific Group profitable?

The only person that possibly may make a decision is the captain, but we have them intimidated sufficiently. There are some in Management that ask why we give profit sharing to staff. We hope to change this in the coming years.

Some counterparts in other countries are making 10 times more in salary and bonuses so we are happy to have CEO’s work for this. We give our Upper Managers very generous housing and yes, Peak Living is very nice thank you (we don’t pay tax like our employees).

Enjoy your 6.4 days, we will take it back at staff travel and the fuel surcharge.

The Management

Hydrolix
5th Apr 2007, 10:22
Thanks 'The Management' for another cynical insight into your world. At first the posts were interesting but now they're tired and boring. Maybe thats about enough....

And by the way, can you explain to everyone why these people on the peak don't pay the same taxes as the rest of us...................:rolleyes:

HotDog
5th Apr 2007, 10:31
Bloody sh!t stirer, you are! Some people actually believe you are "managment". There is big political debate here about the new federal work rules. The Labor party and the trade unions, with their dwindling memberships are haemorrhaging about maybe being requested to work on a Sunday or holidays like Christmas or New Years day, on short notice and no extra pay. Poor didums, I did that for 33 years without complaint, starting in 1966. It was us that helped to make this company what it is today, so for the sake of the new joiners, start being a bit more positive with your BS please.

BusyB
5th Apr 2007, 12:02
The more interesting fact is that the Directors of CX took total bonuses in 2006 equating to 102% of their salary, this in a year when staff got ZERO profit share.:{

Tomatoes
9th Apr 2007, 03:21
Hey "middle" management....have fun pushing your paper and manning your telephone. We all know you don't make any decisions....or much money... you just do as your told and turn your cog and suck up to your superior so they can rub your belly if you do a good job. By the way...I'm the pilot..and I MANAGE thoes big machines around you see out there that are the core of this business. You exist because of me, and guess what, I AM your master.