PDA

View Full Version : CONVERSION (CASA ATPL to INDIAN ATPL)

iamanaussiemavrick
5th Apr 2007, 04:47
Hi all,

Just want to know the proceedure for converting CASA ATPL (australia) FROZEN to Indian.

thornycactus
5th Apr 2007, 08:59
Message deleted

iamanaussiemavrick
5th Apr 2007, 14:32
Hi all,

Sorry for not mentioning all the details.

I am an Indian Citizen (holding Indian passport).

I wanted to know the conversion proceedure for CASA ATPL (frozen) to Indian.

I have got only CASA CPL+ME+IR and frozen ATPL.

Do i have to give seperate coversions for cpl and atpl.

Looking for all your replies.

Maxweight
6th Apr 2007, 07:29
To iamanaussiemavrick & FP_Ace,

First of all, let's exchange ideas. do you think Qantas will employ Indian Nationals? If your answer is 'no', then why should India's Air Operator offers you a job? Logic isn't it?

Sorry to smash all of your dreams. It will not get you a pilot job in India. (unless you are typed rated with thousands hours in commercial heavy jet)

There are lots of qualified Indian Nationals holding ICAO ATPL (they are "hiding" in many flying schools in Asia). Frankly speaking, the jobs will be reserved for the Indian Nationals only. Foreigners are unwelcome to India.

You'll be murdered if you have been offered a valuable pilot job which is meant to cater for Indian Nationals.

If the above is true i was wondering why they would print an article such as the one to be found in the link below ! :confused: :confused:

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1087636

Also,do you really think that the Indian Airlines would deliberately not expand due to qualified nationals not being available ?

I agree that Indian Nationals should be employed before importing labour from other countries but the respective airlines need experienced and qualified pilots now! :ok:

thornycactus
13th Apr 2007, 05:15
message deleted

boogie-nicey
13th Apr 2007, 09:20
ThornyCatus: That is a nasty post you've written there. There is indeed bias for any country to employ it's own nationals in a preferential manner but to hurl such insults as you've done is quite uncalled for. Aviation is supposed to be by it's very nature a multi-national, multi-coloured and cosmopolitan profession with appropriate levels of intellect and tolerance that go hand in hand.
If any marketplace was booming at a rate where the 'local' talent was being exhausted then they'd certainly think about importing labour, that's simple economics. The Indian aviation market is rapidly expanding nay exploding and as such all the usual sensibilities of traditional supply are been bled dry. To import talent from overseas (whilst Indian employment laws are being relaxed by the day) is a sensible one. Even though I symphathise that Qantas would probably find the notion of Indian Nationals flying their aircraft somewhat uncomfortable it doesn't mean others should reciprocate instead they should rise above it all. At the end of the day those 'imported' pilots will be introduced to the delights of India and can return to their native lands and through their expression of interest induce others to the charming quality of the Indian subcontinent.

Further, your threat and use of the word "murder" is absolutely wrong, that's quite frankly disgusting, perhaps it's people like you that don't belong in aviation. You seem like one of those little Hitlers that pop up from time to time.

I am of Indian descent myself and was born in the UK but I have never felt like you do about exempting people or prejudicing the workforce of entire nations just because of a negative experience or two. Shame on you ThornyCatus. YOUR BROTHER IS THE ONE WHO STANDS NEXT TO YOU WITH A SMILE, HOLDS YOUR RESPECT AND FOLLOWS YOU EVERYWHERE, IT'S GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT THEY WEAR HOW THEY LOOK NOR WHAT ETHNICITY THEY MIGHT BE.

thornycactus
13th Apr 2007, 15:16
message deleted

speedsalive
16th Apr 2007, 15:15
This guy can never fly longhaul with an expat Capn ...dats for sure.

boogie-nicey
16th Apr 2007, 16:01
How convienent ThornyCactus has deleted his/her posts. Clearly didn't have the nerve or confidence to even stand by his.her own claims.

thornycactus
17th Apr 2007, 04:28
Mr. Boogie, I let you win. That's all I can say.

boogie-nicey
17th Apr 2007, 09:13
ThornyCactus: My friend it's not about me 'winning' until we don't all arrive at a common and mutual understanding with each other then no one 'wins'.

My opinion is just that merely a personal view and is subject to being both right and wrong throughout life. However in this particular instance we disagreed that's all which doesn't mean that it's the end of the world neither.

Take care and safe flying because we're all in it together. There are no one man teams in this world :ok: ....