PDA

View Full Version : Letters of Reccomendation for Final Interview?

03Navy
4th Apr 2007, 21:00
Does anyone know if CX expects or even accepts/considers LORs in the 2nd interview? I'm doing my 2nd for DEFO (cargo) next month and don't recall being advised in the 1st interview or the info packet to have any. I have a couple loose contacts at CX as well as a file of "canned" LORs but wondering if it would even help my case. Thanks.

I'mbatman
4th Apr 2007, 21:08
I brought one or two and got hired. It can't hurt.

rjmore
4th Apr 2007, 21:24
Like IB said it couldn't hurt. That being said I brought no recs and knew no one and I also got hired. Much different than the "I'm the son of a check airman" approach in the US. Just met a guy last night that has been with a US major for 3 months. He was a flight instructor and an FO at a regional for 2 years. However, daddy is a 777 check airman so he is infinitely more qualified than the rest of us. Sorry for the rant at the end, just bugged me 'coz he was cocky about it too.

Should have seen his face when I said I wasn't interested in said airline....priceless.

03Navy
5th Apr 2007, 15:01
RJ--I see you are "located" in TX (me too)....are you commuting and, if so, how's that working out? I'd like to get back up to the NW if I get the job but don't think I'll be able to afford housing up there even with the nice $$ from CX, at least for the next couple years anyways.

rjmore
5th Apr 2007, 18:57
Hey there,

I haven't done it yet, just waiting to go to class soon. I'll let you know how it goes though!