PDA

View Full Version : Hughs / Schweizer 300 historicals

Helmet69
4th Apr 2007, 14:34
I am looking to purchase a 300, what must I take into consideration when looking at the historical aircraft values.

pitot212
4th Apr 2007, 18:30
Not quiet sure what you mean about “historical aircraft values”. If you are looking for an older aircraft at a cheap price then the biggest single factor is the clusters. Make sure they are the latest mod spec!

DennisK
4th Apr 2007, 21:19
Just to amplify Pilot212 notes ... yes the aft clusters are a major consideration, but in view of the AD requiring fitment of the later 234-3 items, I doubt if there are any models flying with the 'thin wall' cluster now. You might like to know that all 300 models produced AFTER serial number 570 had the later cluster 'dash three' fitted ex factory production.

M/R blades like other makes, always require a careful check for defoliation (inter granular corrosion) and bond delamination. Also T/R blades, particularly at the blade tips and root.

Then the usuals on engine, transmission and of course component times. I'd suggest you call in a type experienced engineer if you are not familar with the type yourself. His fee can save you plenty!

Best wishes,

Dennis K