PDA

View Full Version : She Values Qantas Heritage :-)

Victor India
4th Apr 2007, 11:05
Just watched the Channel 7 program featuring the restoration and return of the first QF B707 from the UK to Australia. The commentary accompanying the footage of VH-XBA (nee VH-EBA) being towed into the hangar in SYD mentioned that the Chairwoman of the Qantas board "has a passion for Qantas heritage" (I may have paraphrased slightly).

Granted the producer of the doco was probably pressured, but does anyone else sense the irony given her current attempt to hock the company to the seppos?
VI

t_cas
4th Apr 2007, 11:13
only a passion for the money!:sad:

Pinky the pilot
4th Apr 2007, 11:25
Nearly choked on my glass of red when I heard that comment by Jeff Watson.:yuk:

What is really appalling though is that some of the general public may actually believe it!!:mad:

NAS1801
4th Apr 2007, 11:34
She obviously doesn't value the engineering heritage.... that footage was shot just meters from where a highly experienced workforce once lived.

J430
4th Apr 2007, 11:55
Was probably struggling for something nice to say. You know ...if you cant say something nice dont say anything at all:rolleyes:

J:E

Nice footage though and great job by those involved:D

Wingspar
4th Apr 2007, 12:54
Surprising it was carried by Seven and not Nine considering who's on the QF board?

QF MAINT OUTSOURCED
4th Apr 2007, 20:38
pity the mole couldn't recall the job losses nexted door that just occured under her leadership and the thousand's of years of experience pissed away for a few extra dollars,i'm sure the hertiage mob wil be able to recall her contribution to this once great icon once she is gone,BITCH

lowerlobe
4th Apr 2007, 21:08
It was almost enough to make you sick...

It should have been changed to ....

"The Qantas board has a passion for extracting as much value from the Qantas heritage before dumping it "

The board should recieve a medal called the 'Order of Australian hypocrisy'

squawk6969
4th Apr 2007, 21:18
Of course she has a passion for the airlines heritage, thats why they freed up those expensive valuable resources (off the balance sheet) and into retirement so they could gain much pleasure from such worthy and noble volunteer works on old QF's. Gets them cheap advertising at the same time!:}

One Clever board that QF lot!!!:E

SQ6969

Max Dover
6th Apr 2007, 09:28
I saw XBA doing circuits at Williamstown yesterday.
Maybe MJ was getting some flying lessons??
Might need another career when the stoic remaining shareholders reject the take over bid and she, GD and the rest of the board will have to fall on their respective swords!