PDA

View Full Version : Work in Vic??

soar02
4th Apr 2007, 09:57
Hi all, I was just wondering what kind of jobs are available in Victoria for a lowish houred pilot other than Instructing. I know there isn't too much, but was also wondering what kind of experience some places require. What kind of experience do charter/scenic or freight companies require before they start looking at you? Is there much at Essendon? Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers :ok:

Soar02

Wanderin_dave
4th Apr 2007, 10:36
Tigermothworld down in Torquay/Apollo Bay are always looking for drivers. Not a whole lot of hours, even less money, not the easiest company to work for. But you'll get great stick and rudder skills and learn ALOT. If you do, get based in Apollo Bay, top place!

StickWithTheTruth
4th Apr 2007, 10:55
I concur about Tigermoth world. 2 guys have left or atleast the second is about to leave to head off to the north chasing that elusive twin time. I heard Tooradin is also looking for another Moth pilot. All would require tailwheel and aero endo's plus Torquay has the only Great Lakes in OZ. Interesting flying.

Captain Nomad
5th Apr 2007, 06:46
Keep an eye on AFAP.

This is a recent one:

30 March 2007

COMMERCIAL PILOT

Required for Scenic flight operation in East Gippsland, Victoria

Operating C172 and C152 Aerobatic endorsement desirable

Some C172 time also desirable. Aircraft maintenance exp an advantage

Must have excellent presentation for public contact and be highly motivated

Immediate start. Low time applicants are encouraged to apply.

Email your application to: [email protected]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanderin_dave
6th Apr 2007, 02:37
TMW don't require tailwheel and/or aeros, of course they would help.
Know a couple of guys who went through with neither. While i was there (many moons ago now, maybe things have changed) i had both t/w + aeros and hardly used them. I spent all my time on the Cherokee 6, only flew the Tigers 5-6 times.
It's a great place to learn alot about 'hands on' flying, but like i said, get based in Apollo Bay, get a second job (or live cheap) and don't stay more than 12 months. Then head north with a bit of a lead on the pack.

As Sticky said, it's extremely interesting flying. Loved the flying, loved the town!

Squawk7700
6th Apr 2007, 04:12
The East Gippsland one sounds like Lakes Entrance. Word is that they run joy-flights in the 152 Aerobat along the beach doing aero's. Nice weather all year round, very scenic and a nice place to live. I have no idea who's running it but it's probably from the new "Great Lakes" airfield.

soar02
8th Apr 2007, 01:35
Thanks for the advice guys. After getting some hours up, is there much to move up to in Melbourne in the Charter/Scenic or freight field? What kind of experience would be required to move into this area? Also, is there much work at say Essendon?

Thanks

Mr.Buzzy
8th Apr 2007, 07:58
Here's a little advice.

Get used to the idea of moving away from home!

bbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzz

Tee Emm
9th Apr 2007, 09:45
Also, is there much work at say Essendon?

Too many pilots hanging around there - but I believe Holly's fast food shop in the terminal is looking for a kitchen hand.