PDA

View Full Version : BMED - Freetown

wingman863
3rd Apr 2007, 21:11
I've found myself in the rather strange situation of having to fly on BMED to Freetown, Sierra Leone.

I've read some pretty bad things about BMED on the internet but theres not a great deal of information in general and I'm sure it can't be all that bad. people tend not to write about good experiences afterall... I'm going to hit the ground running whenever I get there so comfort will be a pretty important issue. Is the food good? Whats the in-flight entertainment like? I'd not be all that happy if I arrived in Freetown pissed off and tired after having been stuck on an A321 for 8 hours. Is the stop in Dakar long?

Cheers for any help.

SXB
4th Apr 2007, 08:08
Wingman
I've taken Bmed quite a few times in the less 4 years, mainly LHR to Baku or Yerevan and few times on other routes though only in Club World. Their equipment is a bit tired though in late 2005 they must have either refurbished some existing planes or bought new ones as 'real' Club World suddenly appeared rather than the 'cradle seat' version. They may well still be operating with a combination of both.

Food was ok in Club and IFE was a personal 10" screen though not VOD. Was always pleased with the service, Bmed crew tend to be a lot less formal than regular BA CC.

I seem to remember our bean counters complaining that Bmed were significantly more expensive than LH and Austrian, I took them because their arrival times were a bit more civilised and, thereafter, just to annoy the aforementioned bean counters. I have recently dropped them in favour of LH though, I just can't handle LHR anymore.

wingman863
4th Apr 2007, 18:21
Cheers sxb. I'll be slumming it in traveller sadly. Anyone else know what the grub and seats are like in economy?

Bmed28
5th Apr 2007, 15:28
Hey Wingman 863

I've got a trip to Freetown this month, what date you flying out & returning?