PDA

View Full Version : Global Aviation Group (WOP)

Amin
3rd Apr 2007, 17:08
Hello ladies and Gentleman,

Just a very quick question. Anyone has any info on Global Aviation Group a WOP jet crew leasing company? They lease pilots to a company in Middle East, wounder which one?

If anyone know anything don't be shy to drop a line ;).

And what does WOP stands for?

Thank you,

Amin

pilot28
3rd Apr 2007, 17:56
Hello Amin,

WOP stands for Wayne, Oscar and Paul . they are owners of WOP Jet.

i did my crew leasing prep with them and i am working in an airline in Brazil Gol airlines 737-700.

I do not know in which company they will place you in middle east.

but they do not charge anything in advance and the training is fair and preparation too done in association with Pan am Flight academy in Miami.

My experience with them was fair after they preapred me they told me they would place me in two months but they placed me in 4 months due to the problems in Brazil with my license and dual nationality.

they do a really serious screening with the candidates before they do anything and i saw many people failing their selection but they did spend any money and this is the best part.

have safe landings !!!

Claudio Ackerman.
B 737 F/O

alghazal
3rd Apr 2007, 18:57
Seen on Flightdeckrecruitment.com

A National Airline from the Middle East growing fast recruits A330 and A340 captains based in UK, excellent benefits, housing, medical, licence, per diems

Guess Who it is ?????....

Any idea ??......

Guys in EY will love this one !!......

Wonder why command upgrades are stopped until further notice...

On top of this, rumor is spreading that EY will be hiring F/Os and DEC based in Oz to operate SYD-AUH-JFK-AUH-SYD sectors for a few more bucks than the guys in AUH, and tax free as well.....

Good luck you all.

pilot28
3rd Apr 2007, 20:19
hello gazhal,

Do you know how i can apply for a position in the middle east, i am currently employed with a crew leasing but i would like to get a better and i heard that the salary in middle east is higher than the one in Brazil, the crew leasing i work for also hires pilots to fly in middle east but i have chosen my base allready and i can not change.

do you have an idea of how much a Boing 737 with 3,000 on type makes a month???

thank you for the advice.

Claudio Ackerman
B 737 F/O

mutt
4th Apr 2007, 04:21
Claudio,

Check out www.flysama.com they are a Saudi based B737 low cost carrier, understand that they have a lot of Brazilians flying for them.

If you do a PPrune search on SAMA, you will find their terms and conditions listed.

Good Luck.

Mutt

Amin
4th Apr 2007, 04:46
Hello Claudio,

Just wanted to thank you for the Info you provided me. I will PM you in the future when it is time for screening. just to ask few questions.

They seem very professional and thats what I like,

Anyway thanks and good luck :ok:

Amin

alghazal
4th Apr 2007, 05:39
Hi Claudio,

I guess you could apply to both EK and EY, as well as QR.
Ey will need B777 F/Os shortly as they are supposed to upgrade their F/o's as captain on the Bus, and 3000 hours on Boeing type could make it.
QR would definitely hire you if you applied there, but do you really want to.
EK is also recruiting but I have no idea about the requirements. Check their career website.

Be aware that there is also RAK airways based in Ras al Khaimah, north of Dubai with 737 and 757, and Oman AIr in Muscat . I don't know the status of Gulfair recruitment either.
Good Luck.

wastafarian
4th Apr 2007, 09:55
And what does WOP stands for?

in some parts, it means "with out papers" :}

pilot28
4th Apr 2007, 15:27
Thanks algazhal,

I just called them today and they asked me to send my resume.

Thanks a lot for the information.

WOW i would love to fly a B 777 in middle east.

have safe landings guys.

Claudio Ackerman
B 737 F/O

pilot28
4th Apr 2007, 15:31
Hello Amin,

Did you pass the first screen ??? this is what i think is the most dificulty.

Send em a private message whenever you want.

good luck Man.

Claudio Ackerman
B 737 F/O

ironbutt57
4th Apr 2007, 15:43
It's also a racial slur directed at Italians...strange name to say the least:\

pilot28
4th Apr 2007, 16:24
Hello Iron,

I also heard in the USA that they refer to the old italians due to a history about the italians immigrants a long time ago.

Well there are a lot of strange things in the world hahaha.

there is an airline in Peru named Safada airlines and this word in portuguese means Crappy women ........

who knows???

hahahaha

Have safe landings man.

Claudio Ackerman
B 737 F/O

Amin
4th Apr 2007, 19:26
Hello Cladiou,

I just recived an e-mail from them saying that they are reviewing my CV and they will contact me in 2-3 days. So, i hope I can make it to the screening. Anyway, just a very simple question. Do you know where they are from? are they from US, or European? they gave me a UK number to call them if I needed some.

Thank you,

Amin:ok:

Flight350
4th Apr 2007, 20:20
Hello

i just read that you have been in Miami with WOP crew leasing. I am invited to go there too and would like to ask you for some information.
How can I prepare myself? What kind of question they asked?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

pilot28
4th Apr 2007, 20:21
Hello cpt Amin,

I wish you a great luck.

Ok they are from USA based in Miami USA but they have representatives to help them to screen european pilots , but everything takes place in Miami as far as i know.

If you have anyquestion please let me know.

Claudio

B 737 F/O

ROO-C26B
8th Apr 2007, 10:16
G'Day all,
It is very interesting to read this thread thank you all for the info. I have also received an email from WOP Jet Crew Leasing early last week. Since than I haven't hear from them. Tried to contact them the UK number has been disconnected and the US number is a voice mail. Left a message and yet to receive any reply. Send an email as well but not reply.
Does any one have another contact details for them? Much appreicate it if any one can assist.
Cheers,
Roo

Amin
20th Apr 2007, 01:35
Hello,

If anyone ever had some experience with WOP jet screening (interview) please share some info with me. How to prepare for it? what I should expect?

I would be grateful for any information.

Please PM me.

Thanks

Amin:ok:

pilot28
20th Apr 2007, 16:49
Hello Amin,

I work for them .

You have to go as you are i believe they are based in Miami with a hiring office and the check out flight is done with Pan Am simulator B 767 to see how you perform in a IFR condition, ALso they have a interview with a young captain in fact he decides who enters or not.

Also have a short OFR written examination.

But if you have the experience they look for go and do it al least they won't charge you if you do not pass.

good luck...

Amin
20th Apr 2007, 20:24
Pilot 28,

Thank you for your help, but what is an OFR written exam? Do you mean IFR? what does OFR stands for. I thought you do your IFR check in a 737 simulator:confused:.

Thank you,

Amin

pilot28
22nd Apr 2007, 19:23
Hey bob,

I read your private meassage.

OK look i have seen many people failing the selection but they will hire the pilots that fly ifr and the most important thing there is the interview with their interviewer that really checks all feedback from pilots.

The selection for me was simple they have an office in Miami International airport and it is in assoc with PAN am flight academy where i did my sim check out flight and spec airline transition course. Of course those who do not pass are frustrated and tell bad things about the company but they do not take money in advance before they do not accept you at all.

But anyway i suggest you not to ask in rumors and etc because people will always gossip and tell their own experience and sometimes they failed in their test and with the frustration they might give you the wrong feedback why don't you go to one of their career fairs in florida they do it about every 2 months with other airlines and there you can get answer for all your questions.

Have a good luck,

Claudio

tiltgain
25th May 2007, 08:36
Amin:

Why dont you try Iran Air?
Also, when you make it to the Middle East, are you going to be telling everybody how unskilled and stup... american pilots are?
Or are you going to admit that you are thankful for the opportunity given?

As an aviator, I am very interested in your progress since I have seen and heard so many that, after launching their career in the USA, then go back to their roots in the ME and do nothing but criticize american aviation and lifestyle (this after having no problem spending their money at the strip clubs for years).

Cheers

fatbus
25th May 2007, 09:47
There is loads of American pilots flying in the right now.
I think most have roots in the states as well.
2 USN Carriers + USAF might be doing alttle flying in Iran