PDA

View Full Version : Jobs for an Expat??

RichardRambone
3rd Apr 2007, 14:54
Hey guys. Just joined PPrune and am looking for any expat jobs for an FAA licensed guy. 1300 total and 160 multi.Can anyone point me in the right direction? Anywhere in the world is fine by me. Thanks a bunch.

Amin
3rd Apr 2007, 16:47
Hey buddy,

Sorry to say this, but your chances are very very bad, why not buy a TR on a Airbus 320 or 737 NG and see what happens. It might increase your chances. If you are a UAE, BAHRAIN, India, etc citizen then you are inside a shiny jet.

The competation is tuff, but with time it will be easyer. Aviation is boooming in Aisa and middle East, so wait and see.

Good Luck :ok:

acy RJ driver
3rd Apr 2007, 17:50
sounds like you have more than whats required by most US regionals, the upgrades in the states can be quick and you are guaranteed a type rating. If i were you I'd try my luck in the states get a TR on the CRJ ERJ or ATR and then try looking abroad.
:D

RichardRambone
3rd Apr 2007, 21:01
Thanks. Never thought about getting a type through the regionals and bailing. I really have no interest in the regionals however. Good advice though thanks.

Jumbito
3rd Apr 2007, 22:36
What Airlines are looking for A320 F/o at the moment in middle east area?
I´ve applied to Airblue via the website. Any other address or contact more successful to apply?

Any info will be great appreciated!

Regards everybody

700TT
A320TR

Amin
4th Apr 2007, 00:22
What I know is that most of the airlines that operate in Middle East is hiring. Due to the aviation Boooooom :D ., but usually these jobs goes through agencies. A dry TR will not take you anywhere at the moment, but it might change, how knows. If I were you I would apply and see what happens, what do you have to loose!!!!!If you cant get in apply to an airline in UK and get some time on type and then go to middle east.

Good Luck :ok:

ironbutt57
4th Apr 2007, 04:39
Try Tiger in Singapore known to have accepted "dry type ratings" on a-320

Wizofoz
4th Apr 2007, 09:19
What Airlines are looking for A320 F/o at the moment in middle east area?

Air Arabia. Based in Shaja and doing very well.

Jumbito
4th Apr 2007, 10:39
Thank you very much for the info guys.
I´ll tell you if somethin´s going on.
Have a nice day!
Regards

GlueBall
4th Apr 2007, 14:54
RichardRambone: "I really have no interest in the regionals..."

But you only have 160 multi and no jet type rating; . . . so where else would you expect to get any sort of airline flying experience?

Oh, ok: You want a real airline job now and have a transport category jet as your primary trainer. Understood. :eek: