PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue Cabin Crew Strike Threat

t_cas
3rd Apr 2007, 04:33
I guess with the level of the recent vote, the next thing will be the threat of a strike. :}

wirgin blew
3rd Apr 2007, 11:09
I doubt that very much. CC are very happy with the result and are awaiting the next move by the FAAA and CC Mgmt.
As the FAAA are very pro the original document they wont be leading the charge and I doubt whether anyone individual has the audacity to start up a rebel union.
The FAAA might have lost a few members because of there pro company stance. I am hoping that the next round of discussions will include some fresh faces who can steer this thing in the right direction.
The CEO should be looking at his HOD's as nearly 90% of the people who are looking after his planes are unhappy with the deals they were given.
Might be hard to run an airline with only 10% of the required staff...

Next Generation
4th Apr 2007, 09:37
There is no way the FAAA would call a strike.

That would be against their policy of doing whatever VB management want them to do.

Fortunately the cabin crew had the sense to actually read the document and vote accordingly.

greenslopes
4th Apr 2007, 09:40
Yep, Thats right TCAS thats all it is...................A Guess!
Heres to a great result and with a lot of hard work and a little luck the CC may just get a decent EBA.
Well Done with inspirational solidarity.
Three Cheers

t_cas
4th Apr 2007, 11:11
I think you all maybe missing the point, the threat of a strike will of course be planted by the management. This is a tactic used to discredit the group and an attempt to dissolve the solidarity you have all shown. Don't get me wrong, stay the course, just be ready for the flack and the inevitable doubters among you. Remember this is a definite 'strike two' for those at the reigns.

Tagneah
4th Apr 2007, 12:01
Might be able to have an "industry" day at Anglers if both the CC and the techies have a roster adjustment day at the same time....... :}

Wingletts
4th Apr 2007, 12:57
Bring It On!!

wirgin blew
5th Apr 2007, 04:29
Did someone say Anglers...

:cool: