PDA

View Full Version : Arena

stressful one
2nd Apr 2007, 07:21
Hi new to here but long time reader.
I know Arena Aviation closed and all that stuff i know they went broke but i want to know how and who was the cause of it if anyone.

How were the instructors in general (i have seen some bad things here)

Was it ever a good school

mikel
2nd Apr 2007, 21:13
Vt check your p.m.'s

drshmoo
3rd Apr 2007, 00:35
Always sad when a company folds. Just hope no-one lost money (i doubt it) and that the staff can find other jobs soon. Good luck to the staff and students.

Shmoo has no affiliation with company

notmyC150v2
3rd Apr 2007, 01:44
I noticed in the current issue of Australian Aviation that Arena were to be the launch customer for the Whitney Boomerang basic trainer. I hope this doesn't hurt them too much.

Counter-rotation
4th Apr 2007, 21:28
I was going start by disagreeing with Shmoo's post and say it is not always sad when a company folds. In my world, the sadness is proportional to the perceived loss that folding of company in question represents...

I was an Arena student, and I was ripped off and given substandard training, even treated rudely by certain members of staff. (I hasten to add that not all were bad - how I'd love to name names...)

That was some time ago, and I was prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt, and consider that they may have lifted their game. Some current students at least don't seem to think so.

So I guess if you lost money, you would certainly think it was sad...

To those that rip others off, whoever/wherever you are, karma is watching, and you will get yours.

pilot00
28th Nov 2009, 02:09
Karma indeed! I just hope no students lost any money, and the good instructors found work quickly. Captain GB, a sad man of little stature and morals, good to see you out of your cunning bullying ways. Good ridance!:D

MakeItHappenCaptain
28th Nov 2009, 06:46
Nice sentiments two years plus after the event....:rolleyes: