PDA

View Full Version : Innovative Aviation water saving idea(s)

Squawk7700
2nd Apr 2007, 06:20
Hi Everyone,

Innovative Idea # 1

I was fiddling with my aircraft on the weekend when someone commented on how good it was looking and that I must have been polishing it and I just said thanks and didn't think much more of it at the time. Then whilst flying along later I was looking down at our parched brown land, then looked up to the sky and came up with a great idea!

To assist our government and water authorities in saving one of our most prescious resources I have devised a great new way to wash your plane and save water.

Before next flight, apply liberally detergent to the leading edge of the wings, cowl, base of windscreen and wheel covers (if you have them), then take to the skies and head for the clouds. A couple of minutes in a nice grey fluffy cloud will have you flying a nice shiny aircraft in no time flat. Be sure to make the appropriate calls on your nearest centre frequency to advise that you are in the wash and or rinse phase. If you find ice building up, descend immediately as this will hinder the wash process.

I'm still working out how to wax though as this is going to require an extra flight. Any ideas welcome on that one.

You may need to fly around for a while afterwards so that other VFR pilots don't get too suspect when the water is dripping off your airframe when you get back.

Anyway, give it a go and I hope to see your gleaming aircraft around the skies soon.

Squarker.

squawk6969
2nd Apr 2007, 06:25
Mate up here its that bad we are lucky to get any clouds holding enough water to do the pre rinse.:eek:

As for the wax, buy one of those wash and wax products...one flight and she will be apples:D

SQ6969

YesTAM
2nd Apr 2007, 06:42
Thank you Squawker, Seeing a few rainy clouds the other day this simple, but public spirited, VFR pilot decided to try your method.

The detergent went on OK, I found a nice wet cloud and started in. The wash went very well................

....................But you didn't tell me about the "spin dry" part of the cycle!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

J430
2nd Apr 2007, 06:49
This is way too funny:D :D
Generally the interlectual humour on here beats any other on the net.......keep it coming, I wonder if we can get any further tips, observations and personal experiences like YesTAM's:eek:
Love it!
J:ok:

Jamair
2nd Apr 2007, 07:10
Water saving - Tell the local pax not to wash for a month pre-flight.......oh hang on, they are already doing that:yuk:

ForkTailedDrKiller
2nd Apr 2007, 07:19
Squawk7700, you got too much time on your hands man!

Dr:cool:

squawk6969
2nd Apr 2007, 11:14
WHICH SQUAWK YOU TALKIN TO:suspect:

BrazDriver
2nd Apr 2007, 11:42
Great that you bring it up!!
I have done that from time to time and works a treat!! But make sure you find a cloud that can perform the full rinse phase otherwise soap scum is not a good look!! It is a great system of getting bugs off the windscreen too!!

YesTAM
2nd Apr 2007, 20:56
But Brazza, I need the bugs on the windscreen as aiming marks. My landings are always awful if the windscreen is clean.

J430
2nd Apr 2007, 22:24
Hey YesTAM
In Bribane we wont be allowed to use a wet cloth shortly its getting that bad, so before long all VFR might end up being IFR coz we cant see out the front!:eek:

Think there is a reg somewhere about cleaning windscreens......

J:ok:

BrazDriver
3rd Apr 2007, 02:41
YesTam, so ur the bloke that has ''live bugs on order''

Oldest joke in the book!

J430
3rd Apr 2007, 06:12
is that a heading bug???:confused:

apache
3rd Apr 2007, 08:17
Save water... DRINK Beer!!!

trust me, it IS aviation related!

Pinky the pilot
4th Apr 2007, 06:11
Save water... DRINK Beer!!!

Do you mean to say Apache, that you would not assist me to empty a bottle of good Aussie Red anymore?

Especially in an outback pub like so long ago??