PDA

View Full Version : Info on A109 Type Rating

ChristopherRobin
1st Apr 2007, 15:28
Can anyone point me in the direction of a cheap A109 TRTO in UK or Europe/N America if it is cheaper? (almost certainly I expect!)

Very grateful for your help!

thanks
CR

Curtis E Carr
1st Apr 2007, 18:31
I doubt you will get a type rating in the US.

This (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG_FCL_APPROVEDFTOS.PDF) may be useful.

ChristopherRobin
1st Apr 2007, 19:04
thank you very much. Now all i need is a wodge of cash!

cheers!

Bravo73
1st Apr 2007, 19:11
You're 100% correct, Curtis. No A109 JAA TRTOs in the USA. JAA training in Europe is of course feasible but you might face language issues.

A quick scan of that document provides this list for the UK:

Alan Mann (Fairoaks)
Castle Air (Cornwall)
Helicopter Services (Wycombe)
London Helicopter Services (Redhill)
MW Helicopters (Essex)
Premier (Denham, Blackbushe etc)
Sloanes (Northampton)
Starspeed (Blackbush)
Tiger (Shobdon)

My best advice would be to pick the one that you would most like to work for. Treat it like an extended interview!

And cheap? :confused: Only if you think £5kish is cheap... Welcome to civvie street. :(

HTH,

B73

Geoffersincornwall
1st Apr 2007, 19:27
You could always splash out and come and do it with us at the Agusta Westland Training Academy where you will be trained by English speaking (some are actually Brits - I was going to say English but one gentleman of Scots descent would not forgive me) on the new A109E simulator and then finished off on the real thing. Surely a factory course is the way to go????

PM me if you want the booking office telephone number - but be warned - we are a trifle on the busy side ....... for a year or so..... but they might be able to squeeze you in, you never know your luck.

G

:ok:

Agusta
4th Apr 2007, 21:29
There might be one I know of in the States, Mike Bowden, Ex Slaone Helicopters, now CFI at HAI. He my still may be able to do it.

Bravo73
4th Apr 2007, 22:12
He my still may be able to do it.

Unfortunately, he won't be able to help unless HAI have recently added the A109 to their TRTO.

rivnut
4th Apr 2007, 23:07
You could do it in Australia on a 109E but will cost you 17,000 aussie dollars!!

Bravo73
5th Apr 2007, 07:40
You could do it in Australia

Hmmm, not if he wants the rating on a JAA licence. :ugh:

JOURNIOO4
26th Dec 2007, 08:42
please could any one advice me i am going to get a 109e type rating in couple of weeks. ( pm me ).

heliski22
26th Dec 2007, 11:05
I went to buy my first car many, many years ago and the salesman to whom I'd been referred said,

"I know what you're looking for - you want a good, cheap car!"

"That's it!" I said, "that's exactly it!"

"No such thing!", he said. "If it's good, it won't be cheap, if it's cheap it won't be good!"

Applies pretty much across the board, I've found down the years. After that, it's down to who you get on with - some instructor/student pairings work better than others, just human nature. Al Davis in Alan Mann's has been my preferred choice for a long time but it's very much a personal choice.

Of course, having recently had the benefit of the Training Facility in Agusta, I'd recommend it highly. PM Geoffersincornwall if you want more contact details.

Ciao a tutti!!

170'
26th Dec 2007, 11:57
Cris Rob

http://www.ebanmagazine.com/hb_training.html

This link has a few JAA 109 TRTO's listed...

Happy new year...170'

ROTORVATION
19th Mar 2009, 13:10
Any Freelance Tri's Out There For A109, Could You Pm Me.

Thanks

Rv

vaibronco
20th Aug 2009, 12:44
I'm interested too, in europe or if it's the worth, worldwide.
Replies or PM appreciated.

eivissa
20th Aug 2009, 14:24
Intercopters and Aerea FTO in Madrid offer the TR on A109A and the prices are quite low for the JAA region.

Good luck :ok:

Goshman
16th Oct 2010, 10:56
Hello.
Can anyone assist me with any information on how i can get online materials on the maintenance of the 109. I am hopefully going to type-rate soon and will like to get myself into the system while i am still free.

Thanks

mac oz
24th Feb 2014, 07:20
I use this old thread to ask if you have (most recent) info/advice about aw109S or E TRTO across europe...possibly "cheap"

Jet Ranger
24th Feb 2014, 11:57
Try with INAER Portugal (ex. Helisul company), Lisboa.

JR