PDA

View Full Version : A Spot of WELL DONE

Cumulogranite
1st Apr 2007, 15:24
It seems that there are posts in here from time to time moaning about delays, service and so-on.
So can I say thank you, good service and flight to the crew of MON 534 Ex MAN on Thursday last week. And the same applies to the crew of MON 535 Ex PMI on Friday night. Even with a 4 hour delay the service was good and the crew helpful and professional. Shame the airbridge at MAN broke, but then everything else about that flight went wrong so why not??

There is a moan, but that is directed at Iberia ground handling at PMI, who were useless in the extreme, and on that topic why did the check In agent just lie through her teeth, "only a one hour delay", lying moo! The info desk was as bad and I only found out what was happening by phoning Manchester to see if it had left yet.

In summary, airline superb, no problems and 2 good flights, thanks and well done to all, ground agent made NTL look good! Please monarch, get someone else! They are letting you down on a great product!

PAXboy
1st Apr 2007, 19:28
Good to have compliments pass on in here but we all know why they say "only a one hour delay", or "No delays that I know of" - if they told people of the delay, they would be asked questions they could not answer. Not to mention the ones who would be angry about potential missed connections which, again, they could do nothing about.

Cumulogranite
2nd Apr 2007, 15:19
Fair enough I suppose. But if they haven't got the people skills to deal with that, whay are they in job in the first place? For me, lying is a million times worse than telling me there is a delay. It's not so much that the check in was lying, as that the information desk was less help then her!

All said, it's still a big "thumbs up" to Monarch, especially in difficult circumstances last Friday night! Nice one guys!

GANNET FAN
2nd Apr 2007, 15:50
Pax Boy, you beat me to it. Having lived in Mallorca for 10 years you eventually have no option but to get used to their (Mallorquin) way of doing things. To have told the exact delay would certainly have invited comments the bod behind the desk would not want to deal with.

Cumulogranite, I loved my time living there but the indolent, jobsworth attitude is sooo frustrating. You get used to it after a time but it in almost all aspects of Balearic island life, its just like this.

The Spanish say "manana", Mallorquins say, "Why hurry"

PAXboy
2nd Apr 2007, 17:22
I have always thought it is one of the downsides to being in a sunshine country. In South Africa (where I grew up) there is an Afrikaans expression that says the same shoulder shrugging lack of haste: Tomorrow is another day. But in Afrikaans is is said in fewer syllables! :cool: Smiley chosen for the sunglasses because in 62 hours I shall be in the South African sunshine and telling everyone to "Relaaaax, man, môre is nog 'n dag". :)

Cumulogranite
3rd Apr 2007, 07:40
Thanks for that Gannet. Seeing as I have just bought a holiday home there, and am planning on spending a lot more time there this just soooo fills me with confidence! Cheers:) :)

GANNET FAN
3rd Apr 2007, 08:38
Cumulogranite check your PMs. Its not all bad!!

Evanelpus
3rd Apr 2007, 08:59
You should be very careful critisising Spanish handling agents and ground staff, I got well flamed last year for a similar situation at Malaga, that too was with Monarch. But as someone has stated here, the attitude is rather c'est la vie (or whatever the Spanish equivalent is), I felt they just didn't give a stuff.

Flying with Monarch is a good experience though, sadly, they were way over priced for my trip this year and I am flying with the big Orange from Luton.