PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Qantas shares info..

Cool banana
31st Mar 2007, 17:44
I received with the Sixth Supplementary Bidder statement dated 23 March 2007, it included the Notice of variation extending offer period and new date for giving notice of Status of Condition, at the bottom of that page, it states 0:
As this variation results in Airlines partners Australia varying the offer in a way that postpones for more than 1 Month the time when Airline Partners Australia has to meet its obligations under the bid, each person to whom Airlines Partners Australia has made an offer, and who has accepted the offer, has the right to withdraw their acceptance in accordance with section 650E of the Corporations Act .
Any notice by a shareholder withdrawing its acceptance of the Offer under section 650E of the Corporations Act must:
(a)…..
(b) In any other case, be in writing if a shareholder withdraws an acceptance in the manner. Airline Partners Australia must, before the end of 14 days after the day it is given the withdrawal notice.

Not sure what the legal jargon it means but does that mean in layman terms does that mean, if we had accepted the offer that we can now reject the package?
If thats the case how many other people will now change their mind?

Syd eng
31st Mar 2007, 20:35
Yes that is exactly what you can do now, reject the offer and get your shares back. APA are in all sorts of trouble with the bid now as Credit Suisse has slowly increased their shareholding in the past few weeks. I think they have around 5% now.

bentleg
1st Apr 2007, 04:41
I bought QF shares a while ago with the express intention of refusing the offer.........yes if you accepted you can withdraw that acceptance - go for it

B A Lert
1st Apr 2007, 08:02
Was this notice sent only to the so-called recalcitrant shareholders or to all who have taken part one way or the other? It would be interesting to know how many now withdraw their acceptance.

This aspect of the terms and conditions should be broadcast far and wide, especially to those Qantas staff who may have relied on the self-interested advice of executive staff.