PDA

View Full Version : looks like the Belgians are coming

gar170
31st Mar 2007, 10:23
Found this on the movers site.
seems to me to be a lot of different units and agencies getting involved.
Regular RAF
Oggies
Recently RAF Bandsman doing movers jobs
serco
now Belgian's

The DMS has just got out of a meeting with the Trade Sponsor and he had some good news and some valid points (not least about some of the posts on here! - But this thread isn't about that and so post your thoughts on that elsewhere if you feel the need to!).

Main points:

The trade will be getting bigger

The trade will not be completely civilianized

OOA turnover will progressively get better (as trade increases in size and 1AMW takeover more)
The ‘nice’ postings are being fought to stay (RAFLO’s posts etc)

The Trade Will Be Getting Bigger

The Air Force Board have agreed that the trade isn’t big enough. As a starter they are upping us by about 82 people over the next FY. There is a manpower review to take place and this figure could well go up.

These will not be 82 new BMTr’s. They will come from various places: People who have applied to extend their service but have currently been turned down because we are 109% manning(!). NHT posts that are being put out to contract (more about that later) etc etc. But a big proportion I would guess will be BMTr’s though.

The Trade Will Not Be Completely Civilianized

Rumours have been going around that the whole trade (or a big proportion of it) will be civilianized. Not true.

As a short term fix (2 years) to bring manning back into Main Base jobs slots at NHT (as already discussed on this forum) will be civilianized. It is looking likely that it will be at the SAC and Cpl level, leaving an infrastructure of ‘management’ to contract monitor and supervise said civilians. They would also be there should the jobs go back to being blue suits after the 2 years. This will not reduce the number of SAC’s/Cpl’s in the trade as they would move to other posts within the 82 ‘extra’ mentioned above.

CAD remains unaffected.

KBR – Al Udeid. To be civilianized with a DAMO and a SNCO/WO kept for ‘contract monitoring’. This will hopefully be done anywhere between July-Sep. Again, these slots will not be lost (see above!)

Falklands – Still being negotiated but it is looking likely that it will be partly civilianized. Possibly 4 bodies.

To bolster (not to take over!!) the trade, BZZ will have 48 Serco Movs and LYE are to have 30 Serco Movs. Not effecting our manpower figures.
The trade will be reinforced by the Belgian Air Force. 5 or so movers will come across for 3 months at a time to help with our plight.

OOA Turnover Will Progressively Get Better

It speaks for itself. As we get more people into the trade and more coming back from the Falklands and Al Udeid etc, the OOA turnover times will be significantly changed.

Use of other trades to fill certain gaps. Looking at possibly 30 slots to fill slots that another trade can fill. E.g. A scribbly filling the slot ‘pax bookings’ slot OOA somewhere.

If the operational requirement increases further the JHSU personnel could be deployed.

Out of Trade

There has been a block for people going out of trade….However there will be some exceptions and these will be decided on a case by case basis. Exceptions being last tours of duty etc.

I’m sure that the trade Sponsor will soon put me right if I have misheard what he has said and I apologise if that is the case. Also it is 5 o'clock on a Friday and I am not going back to proof read it....I'm going home!

In fact notice the oggies were not mentioned so does this include the oggies already mobalized or is this with them taken out of the equation all together.
I Hope this will not turn into the usal anti mover slag of but it does ask the question what sort of state the trade is in