PDA

View Full Version : JAA ATPL Theory in Ireland

acebaxter
31st Mar 2007, 09:10
With the opportunity coming up to sit the 14 writtens for the ATPL in Ireland I was wondering if anyone knows how closely the exams resemble the test bank that BGS has on line. Also, is it closer to version 1 or 2 of the database?

Thanks

wire12
10th May 2007, 21:12
can any one tell me about the atpl i'm a little confused. Doing the atpl in ireland you have 6 sittings and 4 attemps at each subject.

My question is this, how long is one sitting, one day one week?????

JUST-local
10th May 2007, 21:50
A sitting is basically any number of exams you take in any given exam week, so if you book and take one exam that is one sitting used up if you were mad and had studied very hard you could book and sit all 14 exams in the same exam week so 14 exams one sitting.

Your approved course provder will normally have the subjects broken down into 2, 3 or 4 sections or modules as they like to call them, you will study a few subjects then take those exams when you are ready, that is one sitting.

I did mine in three sittings.
1, Met, P.O.F., M&B
2,GNav, RNav, Instruments, Performance
3, Flight planning, HPL, Ops, Air law, AGK, Vfr & Ifr comms!

Don't look to far ahead it may make you unwell!

Good luck.....

wire12
11th May 2007, 15:27
alright so one sitting is an exam week, so you could do five exams one every day in the same week, and that would be counted as one sitting, is that correct.

fadge
12th May 2007, 23:56
Just wondering if anybody knows of anywhere that offers ATPL groundschool in Ireland (north or south). From my research, i can only find Irish schools that offer Distance Learning....

fadge
15th May 2007, 02:30
Do sigmar offer the refresher course in dublin or must you go to bristol?