PDA

View Full Version : Do airlines prefer professional training to be done at one FTO?

Cirrus_Clouds
30th Mar 2007, 20:40
Hey all,

Just wondering how true the following statement is:

"Airlines would prefer pilots to do all their training, including ATPL groundschool, at the one FTO".

I've been hearing quite a lot of this statement recently...

I'm trying to choose where to do my ATPL training, with DL groundschool in mind.

Cirrus :ugh:

captain_rossco
30th Mar 2007, 20:49
I've always understood that using the one school for the MULTI/CPL/IR is a wise choice.

Regards

Rossco

davey147
30th Mar 2007, 21:31
If this was the case, a lot of the Ground school providers e.g. Bristol would go out of business.

It doesnt matter where you do the exams, just make sure you do the Multi/CPL/IR with one provider. If you are doing FAA first, then do the FAA ratings with one provider then do all the JAA ratings with one provider.

BlueRobin
30th Mar 2007, 21:43
Here we go again.

FlyBe publicly say it. If it is policy for other British airlines, it is not known.

trainee99
1st Apr 2007, 14:06
My understanding is that airlines aren't really that interested in the ATPL ground school side of things as long as your not failing exams left right and centre, hence BGS will carry on just fine providing their excellent services. It stands to reason though that what airlines are looking for is a verifiable training record file comfirming your flying ability - i.e. one from a training provider that they trust because they have had a reasonable amount of safe training risk new entrants come through, which is unfortunate for some of the smaller training providers who often provide as good if not better training in some cases and still not have built up that relationship with the airlines. This way they can develop an understanding of what each of their favoured training providers condsider to be a good, average and poor student... So in conclusion, I think that 1 school is a good plan for at least a good chunk of your training, and if possible make it a reputable one. That's my understanding and experience anyway, not looking to invite an argument but reasonable opinions welcomed!

CAT3C AUTOLAND
1st Apr 2007, 19:48
Do you have the little blue book with the associated ratings? If the answer is yes, that is all that matters :).