PDA

View Full Version : Groups (Children) on Flight

Jordan D
30th Mar 2007, 20:27
Random Question - out of pure curiosity, rather than a loaded question.

My younger cousin is part of a group of 36 school children going on a Lacrosse tour to the US tomorrow, flying BA to Washington DC from LHR. In addition to the 36 kids, there are the usual support staff from the school, a couple of coaches and a couple of 'support parents' too. Just wondering how it all works with getting such a large group through T4, and organising seating on the aircraft so as not to annoy other pax, etc. Or if it is all done somewhat different.

Any response appreciated.
Jordan

EDIspotter
30th Mar 2007, 22:07
From my experience on recent flights from Toronto and New York JFK to Europe which had parties of schoolkids on them, they were just treated like other pax and it was up to the teachers to try and keep them together - although they were all aged 15-18, reasonably mature.

On the YYZ-CDG flight, they were all sat together at the very rear of the cabin, and on the JFK-CDG flight, they were dotted around the rear cabin.

TightSlot
31st Mar 2007, 07:25
organising seating on the aircraft so as not to annoy other pax

There are no such seats... :E

Jordan D
2nd Apr 2007, 08:55
Now, now TightSlot ...!

Haven't heard from the little one (she's only 13, but I think she was more excited about being on an international sports tour), but from me her mother, apparently the flight went smoothly. Although what horrors that hides, I have no idea.

Jordan

Lasiorhinus
3rd Apr 2007, 16:44
Quite possibly, the flight went smoothly, hiding no horrors at all.:confused:

TightSlot
3rd Apr 2007, 19:26
Jordan D

I was posting from the POV of CC not from your fellow pax - apologies - I meant one thing but it came across as another

Jordan D
4th Apr 2007, 07:27
Lasorhinus- seeing as it was the 13 year old's first transatlantic, I'm just waiting to see what she says (no doubt hyping up the event - I'm sure nothing happened, but it'll amuse me for all of two minutes).

Tightslot - no probs.

Jordan

lexxity
4th Apr 2007, 20:14
Hi Jordan, from a check in POV we would normally allocate the group a block of seats and dependant on size would use just one desk to process them.