PDA

View Full Version : 11 Sqn Flypast

TornadoIDS
30th Mar 2007, 12:29
I heard that the 11 Sqn Stand up flypast was a bit of a mare! Does anyone know what happened?

Critical_Al
30th Mar 2007, 12:54
I also heard a vicious rumour that the formation was temporarily 'navigationally challenged' and managed to narrowly miss the airfield and waiting parade. I'm told that some of the local farmers got a fantastic flypast though. Wonder how the debrief on that one went? :}

Finger Poking
30th Mar 2007, 15:01
Having witnessed the Fly-past (well it was near enough to hear), the formation was almost at Coningsby.

Megaton
30th Mar 2007, 15:05
Sounds familiar. Remember waiting outside sqn at Colt in early 90s for the Phantom Phinal Phling - they missed by miles :) Also remember very impressive BofB cocktail party flypast at Wyton by Canberras and Nimrod - I was the only one who saw it as I skulked at the end of the Mess waiting for the free beer to begin.

ranger703
30th Mar 2007, 15:53
They were quite a distance away!!Pic at thread below:

http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24531

advocatusDIABOLI
30th Mar 2007, 16:45
Must Be something about Coningsby........ who could forget the 'famous' 29 Sqn AOC's flypast. Tattershall WI thought it was for their fete :hmm: The 'B' word thought it was personal! Well, could have been really!

Advo

Spugford
30th Mar 2007, 16:49
They were quite a distance away!!Pic at thread below:
http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/foru...ic.php?t=24531
Today 16:05

As much as I'd love to see AD mates pork it, I somehow just can't bring myself to register on a fighter control forum.
:E

mojocvh
30th Mar 2007, 16:58
What cabs were they flying?

cornish-stormrider
30th Mar 2007, 17:12
Any old rickety dog that they could punt into the air, my how things stay the same.......

Premier Air Defense sqn and all that guff:E

Does Leeming still have that stupid air power mission statement on the drive in?

dallas
30th Mar 2007, 17:16
Does Leeming still have that stupid air power mission statement on the drive in?
Christ, where have you been? Stupid mission statements are met with derision everywhere nowadays.

Thermodynamacist
2nd Apr 2007, 20:47
Having witnessed both the 11 Sqn and the 29 Sqn 'flypasts!!!' its hard to determine who was actually furthest from the target. Thankfully the Hurricane with his Hi-Tech map and compass managed to hit it right on the head on the Thursday night, Good to see:D

hotshots!
2nd Apr 2007, 20:59
Sounds like Typhoon needs a navigator :)

Fg Off NO Mates
2nd Apr 2007, 22:27
In the immortal words of MDMITI:
'A BVR aircraft should be capable of a BVR flypast'

UnderPowered
3rd Apr 2007, 08:59
Poor air defender. Still, as they all say, mud moving (i.e. finding and overflying a pin point target on time) is easy....

Bob Viking
3rd Apr 2007, 09:51
It wouldn't have happened in your day would it! Baah.
BV:ok:

UnderPowered
3rd Apr 2007, 12:19
You ever seen me miss a flypast?

Bob Viking
3rd Apr 2007, 12:27
Can't say I have. I'd expect no less.
I have seen you in a baby-gro though!
A scary sight it was too!
I still have nightmares to this day!
BV:yuk:

UnderPowered
3rd Apr 2007, 12:31
You liked it, didn't you. Have you seen my black mini-dress?

All said and done, I think even you would have found the target.

maxburner
3rd Apr 2007, 12:34
I guess the GPS was having an off-day! What happened to the TACAN?

Bob Viking
3rd Apr 2007, 12:36
Well, it is what we do after all. Mud moving's easy though isn't it?
As for the dress. Think I'll skip it!
You liked Freddie though didn't you!
BV:ok:

UnderPowered
3rd Apr 2007, 12:39
Freddie was about the only significant display of ability I've seen out of you.
Maxburner.
You might want to ask whether he used that other familiar navaid known as the window....

maxburner
3rd Apr 2007, 12:45
Ah, there's the rub. With all those electronics doing the job for you, who needs to look at the scenery? Besides, with only a river, several lakes and a castle as run-in features, it could be tricky.:)

Bob Viking
3rd Apr 2007, 13:18
It was worth it though.
I'll be remembered for something, at least!
BV:O

UnderPowered
3rd Apr 2007, 14:27
You're boring me now. No change there, I suppose....

Finger Poking
26th Apr 2007, 08:20
I can't believe the person responsible for such a C*CK of a flypast has escaped a comprehensive amount of abuse on here.....

Glad he's on single's...... Never did like pointing him in the right direction from the back.

Ops_Monkey
27th Apr 2007, 01:49
Seems the Javelin chap at the front though that the parade (XXX's line) was over in Foxtrot as per his charts..

Shame it had moved North by 0.5mile last year

Apart from that it went well...
Just as long as you forget the jet that came back fuel priority in the middle of the embargo

Air Defenders.... Top Quality :ugh: