PDA

View Full Version : DJ981 MEL-OOL 20th March - thanks!

No Further Requirements
30th Mar 2007, 12:14
G'day,
A big thanks to the lads up front on DJ981 MEL-OOL on Tuesday 20th March. My four-year-old daughter drew a magnificent picture of the aircraft she was flying in, complete with pilots, Mummy, Daddy, Sister etc etc. She was adamant she wanted to give it to the pilots. The FA I gave it to took it up front (much to my surprise - I was expecting a made up 'thank you' story) and a little while later, my little darling was handed a note from the boys saying thanks for the wonderful drawing! It made her day. Big thanks from myself and Mrs NFR to the entire crew for a great flight.
Great to see these kind of things are done and I hope this small token of our appreciation will somehow reach the operating crew.
Cheers,
NFR.

Capt Claret
30th Mar 2007, 16:10
G'day NFR,

Great post, and as you say, good to see your daughter was recognised by the crew.

We should lament the societal paranoia that prevents a four year old from being thanked in person! :{

BrazDriver
31st Mar 2007, 02:39
Great story all round!!

Brian Abraham
31st Mar 2007, 05:00
We should lament the societal paranoia that prevents a four year old from being thanked in person

Amen. Have fond memories as a young lad of being invited up front, and also my four year old lad having all the clocks, dials and levers explained by the crew. Is the sort of encouragement that lights a wick in a childs mind. A great pity those days are behind us. :sad:

No Further Requirements
2nd Apr 2007, 11:03
Sure is a pity the days have gone where I could have arranged a visit to the pointy end for my little one (or for that matter, her dad, even though he has an ASIC.....). As I have said, I hope this somehow gets to the operating crew as it was greatly appreciated that they took the time to make a little kid's day!

Cheers,

NFR.

MUNT
2nd Apr 2007, 11:15
I suppose though, you never know if your 4 year old will overpower the crew and threaten the safety of everyone...:ugh:

No Further Requirements
2nd Apr 2007, 22:21
She is rather strong willed and does tend to get her own way.....who knows?

Sheesh....

NFR.

The Bullwinkle
5th Apr 2007, 03:33
Great to see these kind of things are done and I hope this small token of our appreciation will somehow reach the operating crew.

I will track the crew down and pass on your regards.

BW

No Further Requirements
6th Apr 2007, 12:58
Bullwinkle: Thanks, that would be great.

Owen: It was a pretty good drawing......as for the trainspotting, I don't know what you're on about :ok:

Cheers,

NFR.