PDA

View Full Version : corporate buy up of AUS ag companies???

cotton CAPTAIN
30th Mar 2007, 01:44
I am in two minds as to the effects on the industry of the recent moves by the 'public company' to buy up what sounds like a considerable capacity in the Australian ag industry.

I believe that this is simply a corporation taking advantage of bad times and will probably simply sell up when the value comes back in leaving those in the industry with higher debts and smaller margins thus pushing us all towards our inevtable doom. :yuk:

that is enough from me for now, I look forward to hearing some of your thoughts

3 way valve
31st Mar 2007, 08:50
CC
Haven't heard that rumour, what's the story??
3 way valve

Trev007
31st Mar 2007, 09:26
CC
Give us a bit more to work with

Who is the corporation and who is the sizable amount of capacity who has been bought out sounds interesting

cotton CAPTAIN
1st Apr 2007, 11:21
well without saying too much, 'the company' is either publicly listed or about to be publicly listed and I cant divulge the name due to privacy of contracts etc.

I am not sure whether it is medium to small operators only being acquired or if it is large and small. I guess there are more of you who know the size business they are targeting.

At the end of the day as a line pilot does it matter who owns the seat your in?? not to me!....., though the family owned company can be more enjoyable to work for.

My main concern is that these type of buy outs in the corporate world tend to make no tangible difference to equipment or ops however when sold off after 'the rain' comes to people who are more highly leveraged, operating costs increase (due to higher debt) and the ground riggers etc push closer to pricing us right out of the market.
:8 nnnnnnnnnnnnnerd
yes I may be too well read...........

reading back over this I havent added much ........however neither have you all :p

Trev007
2nd Apr 2007, 22:44
Cotton Captain

That really cleared things up everyone is really well informed now ??????

Cmon its a rumour network surely you can do better than that

fitternturner
3rd Apr 2007, 05:14
sounds similar to the agro holdings fiasco of a few years back

3 way valve
3rd Apr 2007, 06:44
sounds like a wind up to me, I think CC is on a fishing expedition

Turboman
3rd Apr 2007, 07:37
Not an April Fools is it!:D
I am not sure whether it is medium to small operators only being acquired or if it is large and small
I'm pretty sure it's only large and medium initially following up with small next year, unless it rains, then it will be small, medium and large all at once.:rolleyes: