PDA

View Full Version : When you're really busy! (The Communication Thread)

helen-damnation
29th Mar 2007, 19:31
Standard Communications is amended to include the need to send a diversion report even in the event of an air turn back.
15.2.9 Communication with Company in Contingency
◊ The following should be used to initiate company communications in flight:
1. Send a position report
2. Send an ACARS diversion report if the aircraft is not landing at its planned destination, including in the event of an air turn back
3. If sending the ACARS diversion reports fails or is not possible, use any other available means to contact SMNC.
Background:
Recently an aircraft turned back to its departure airport shortly after take off and no diversion report was sent. As the ACARS diversion report triggers automated systems under control of the SMNC, this is an important step whenever not landing at planned destination. In case the report cannot be sent, any other available means to contact SMNC can be used to inform the Company of a diversion from planned destination.

So what happened to:
AVIATE
NAVIGATE
COMMUNICATE
:confused:

kingoftheslipstream
30th Mar 2007, 07:35
As usual, management have got their finger firmly on the pulse... good to see :ugh:
Better make sure the FOM still contains trivia like... how pregnant a woman can be before she boards the aircraft... it's really important for the flight deck to have to worry about crap like that... C'mon fellas, get your heads out of the sand and do your bloody jobs!
Don't miss the forest for the trees whilst you're countin' pinecones:=
k-o-t-s

Sheikh Your Bootie
31st Mar 2007, 04:11
What really gave me a giggle the other day, was that whacking great poster thingy near the entrance to briefing. Communication in big bold letters. Thats a bloody laugh, that one way street. VR's filed, no response ever, poor communication at best, though i hear there are invitee Pilot meetings later this month :mad: :mad: :ugh: :ugh:

SyB :zzz:

uplock
31st Mar 2007, 06:20
On the same Communication theme...or lack of

Did any one reply to the invitation by email to request an invitation to the emirates pilot meeting?

Any truth that you have to be a member of the Lodge , Free Masons or have a recommendation from Capt America to be eligible?:E

Thylakoid
31st Mar 2007, 17:23
Kingoftheslipstream ...
Upgradable interviewees are still being asked those stupid questions? I thought issues such as pregnant women, deportees, inads, drunk people,
falcon carriers, etc., etc., were to be looked after by the ground staff ... silly me:}

Gulfstreamaviator
1st Apr 2007, 04:55
It takes listening to make communication work, it is not possible to communicate without a listener.....