PDA

View Full Version : BA Cityflyer

13Alpha
29th Mar 2007, 12:07
I seem to remember a communication from BA informing me that following the BA Connect sale to flybe, that BA Connect's services to and from LCY would be "unaffected".

However the timetable on the EDI-LCY has been changed such that the 0830 flight has now been moved to 0915, making it effectively useless for a morning meeting in the City. Presumably this is to accommodate their other services to different destinations. So that leaves the hideously early 0625, and the very popular (and therefore expensive) 0715.

Also, it seems to me that the prices have gone up significantly across the board since the changeover to CityFlyer, with it increasingly difficult to get anything short of the full fare for any morning/evening flights.

So "unaffected" looks to me more like "less convenient and more expensive". :rolleyes:

13Alpha

Cyrano
30th Mar 2007, 08:03
This is perhaps why Scot Airways have just increased capacity on their morning LCY-EDI-LCY rotation (the one that leaves EDI at 08.55) by wet-leasing a Cityjet 146 to make that trip.