PDA

View Full Version : new security restrictions: what are you taking on?

ShesGreatintheGalley
29th Mar 2007, 03:01
obviously this affects us as crew also.. all makeup and lotions, no item over a certain size, must be in a clear resealable bag - what are we as crew paring down to bring onboard?
i think in this category men have it easier as makeup, even powder is considered a liquid and must be in the bag
so far i have come up with

* small crabtree & evelyn bottles emptied and refilled with the hand therapy cream that i use every day anyway 25ml x 2
* small tin of lip salve 2g
* Gift with Purchase Mascara 2ml
* touchup powder compact
* small blush compact
* lipgloss 5ml
* lip pencil
* tiny tiny prescriptives spray bottle (20ml) of flight mist i shall be refilling anwyay

If i was a passenger i would prob ditch half the makeup and go for more moisturiser and my sleep balm as i would hopefully be sleeping the entire flight.
i normally bring on 2x1.5L bottles of water when i fly as a pax to get me from a syd-Lhr flight - do you think i could bring through an EMPTY bottle and refill with water in the termina at one of the outletsl?

i am interested to hear everyones input and how this is all working in real life for the crew, who are still required to look 'well groomed' onboard yet keep in line with the new restrictions

Cdn F/A
29th Mar 2007, 04:17
Working for a Canadian carrier, we are exempt from any of the restrictions the passengers have. It doesn't matter whether we are operating or deadheading on the flights... It would be tough being out for 5 days with a few ounces of toiletries and make-up! I don't think I could do it!!

sebby
29th Mar 2007, 04:30
You can check things.. So you wouldnt be completely without your possesions.

radiation junkie
29th Mar 2007, 05:19
These restrictions are totally senseless, but we won't go into that aspect as it has been covered in an other forum. For me and I am sure other crew, it is not about the essential bits we need, but what it restricts us in bringing onboard. Especially for those crew on USA trips purchasing from COSCO. My daughter will now miss out on her 2 gallons of Cranberry Juice for $5 from Cosco every LA trip. Big containers of Shampoo for the family and friends.... no longer...etc etc. I don't know about other crew, but I am very hesitant to put that quantity of fluids in my suitcase. We all know how rough they handle luggage and a burst container of shampoo.....not a pretty sight. Not to mention the Corona's, Sundried Tomatoes, Queen Olives, BBQ sauce. How are we going to survive ??