PDA

View Full Version : Prospects these days

GoingGreyer
28th Mar 2007, 10:23
PPrune newbie - but been reading a lot.

There seems to be much talk about how good things are at the moment in the flying game.

What would my prospects be like with following experience these days?:

1500TT All Piston - about 1100 of it CHTR OPS.
MECIR (Several renewals)
400 ME
ATPL Subjects

N0 2-Crew Experience

Most of my flying these days is in my own machine.

I have a good paying job (better than Airline money), but don't really need to earn a lot anymore. More interested in enjoying what I do.

have just entered my 40's - eek.

Where would someone (stupid enough to go back) to GA fit in these days?

Just curious.

mattyj
28th Mar 2007, 22:10
Hmmm..your qualifications are excellent...but you just don't seem to have the desperate "will do anything" attitude that is so keenly sought in todays proffessional aviation companies. Perhaps you need to take a job cleaning toilets in a pub for six months so that you will respond appropriately in your interviews.
PS age means nothing..its not a race..my mate has started flying A320s in India because he payed for the rating. He's in his forties with 1200TT.:ok:

GoingGreyer
29th Mar 2007, 02:21
LOL!

Yes, I do have prior toilet cleaning experience - I DID work as a GA Pilot once after all!

Been around long enough to learn that a 'can-do attitude' is counter productive if you are serious about a rigourous safety management system. Fortunately it seems more and more of the more reputable companies are starting to realise the same thing.

Interesting story about your friend in India.