PDA

View Full Version : ATPL courses in Sydney

knox
28th Mar 2007, 02:35
Hi all.
I would like some recommendations of schools in Sydney running ATPL courses.

And yes I have searched the net, would like to hear of personal experiences.

Thanks

Knox

Dave Incognito
28th Mar 2007, 03:00
Len Sales at UNSW.

Put the work in and you'll get through with good results. Just remember to bring a "sharp pencil and a sense of adventure".

disco_air
28th Mar 2007, 10:04
Yep. Len Sales is the bloke to go to for ATPL :ok:

...disco

Aussie
28th Mar 2007, 13:52
Secombe aviation.... Gavin did a good job back when i did mine...

From what i know of the 2, Len sales and Gavin, Gavin will teach you all in the syllabus, regardless if u need to know it for exams or not... Len will teach u to pass the exams...

My oninion anyway.

Cheers

knox
28th Mar 2007, 23:00
Cheers for the info guys.

Anymore suggestions are welcome.

Knox.

Mr Crowe
29th Mar 2007, 05:18
I personally would NOT recommend Gavin Secombe

Aussie
30th Mar 2007, 08:12
Care to ellaborate why u wouldnt recommend Gavin Secombe?

Knox cant make a good decision without feedback ;)

Aussie

aero979
31st Mar 2007, 11:38
gavin got me through systems which i couldnt pass up north just learning questions and answers, no problem recommending him

knox
2nd Apr 2007, 00:50
Quote: " I am looking at doing some more and have been told AFT.com.au, Nathan Higgins is brilliant on the Sunshine coast. Accom, $90/wk."

Yeah i've heard the same. Unfortunately I don't want to sunshine coast.

Still waiting to hear back from UNSW on cost.... 4 days and waiting.
Gavin got back to me in a few hours. (both emailed at the same time).

Knox.

Seabreeze
2nd Apr 2007, 01:02
From the UNSW website.....

UNSW Aviation is proud to be able to offer ATPL (Theory) courses under the direction of Len Sales. Len is one of the most experienced instructors of ATPL (Theory) in Australia and is extremely well respected by the industry.

Applicants are assumed to have passed the CASA CPL and IREX examinations and have thoroughly revised all basic CPL concepts. The course runs as a five-week accelerated program six times per year. A three week military ATPL course is also available. Please contact Len Sales (Ph: +61 2 9791 1151) for more information.

Course Fee: AUD$2,000 (discounts available for current flight instructors)

knox
2nd Apr 2007, 20:17
Thanks Seabreeze.

Most courses seem to be between 2k and 3k, but i require the latest prices as often the prices on websites are out of date, hence the reason why i emailed him.

cheers

Knox.

The Messiah
2nd Apr 2007, 22:40
Len Sales has at least flown heavy jets, Gavin Secombe has not. Teaching extra stuff that is not in the exam is a waste of your time and your money. The whole thing is so antiquated any 'extra' teaching is not relevant today anyway.

Go with Len, and avoid the scripture class. :ok:

Aussie
3rd Apr 2007, 03:28
While i agree that Gavin hasnt flown the big jets, i dont see how extra knowledge is a waste of time...

Studying to pass the exam and knowing the content will show when it comes to interview time.

just my opinion :ok:

Aussie

The Messiah
3rd Apr 2007, 04:20
No it won't. Because interview preparation involves studying how to pass the interview, not studying to be a fountain of knowledge on all things aviation.