PDA

View Full Version : The next 10 years

wrongwayaround
27th Mar 2007, 23:28
Hi boys and girls

I started this thread to get your forecasts for aviation in the next 10 years.

A friend of mine just told me 'This is the best time since the 1960s to be a pilot!'

Do you agree?

Flyin Low
27th Mar 2007, 23:39
I'm an SO and get 18+ days off a month.... my forecast is that in 10 years I will be dead from drinking too much. :ok:

Contract Con
27th Mar 2007, 23:49
hahahahaha!

Good onya Flyin Low! Good to see someone with the right attitude towards the whole game!

Cheers:ok:

Con

P.s Wrongway, in my opinion, yes things are good. If you are in G.A, you won't be for long!

happydriver
28th Mar 2007, 00:33
Interesting....

I did an age search on bidbook and found that within 10yrs there will be about 400 guys/gals approaching 60...dont know how significant that is considering there is almost 1700 longhaul pilots in QF and lets not forget the age increase to 65....

I'm with you flyin low....piss ups in singa's and bangers (occasionally) and maybe just maybe we'll be able to kill of more.....here's hoping your senior to me!!!
:E

HD.

Flyin Low
28th Mar 2007, 00:52
Sorry I'm a CX SO.. I already feel dead with the hang over I have today. :yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk:
Just as well the retirement age is still 55 here at the moment... by then I will feel about 80 I'm sure.

4Greens
28th Mar 2007, 00:57
More and more cargo flights will be done by UAV's, so stop worrying.

outback aviator
28th Mar 2007, 04:04
I will be retired in about 8 years, thank god!!!!! HURRAH!!

Tee Emm
28th Mar 2007, 04:19
Hi boys and girls

Presumably you are a DJ flight attendant?

mattyj
28th Mar 2007, 06:40
Great time to be a pilot..experienced, with ratings..ATPL and ATO time..the world is your oyster.

Terrible time to be learning..experienced competent instructors are all but non existant. Flying schools have mostly completely forgotten the meaning of customer service and the buearucracy involved with the Government department (round here anyway) is unbelievably measmerisingly pointless and inefficent (and expensive)
Still its fun when you can scrape together some pesos for a weekend fly:ok:

Over and gout
28th Mar 2007, 10:03
Next 10 years?

- Fuel price skyrocketing...airlines going under....

Heres hoping some alternative fuels are developed soon or we will all be out of a job
:mad:

Killer Loop
28th Mar 2007, 10:24
Flyin Low,

Classic mate, funniest post on pprune I've read in a long time!:D

Rudi Zarsoff
28th Mar 2007, 11:59
Outback, if I recall correctly I am about 10 years behind you. And here I was thinking I had 13 years to go..... Gotta do the Math again!!!!!!!