PDA

View Full Version : Licence conversion to Canadian TCCA?

Frozen Ronin
27th Mar 2007, 15:46
I've searched the board, and found all kinds of south bound conversions, from Canada to USA ATP. My question is backwards, the northbound conversion of an FAA ATP to the Transport Canada sort.

I know there is the law test, and I've looked and searched for the TCCA books. I can find the full blown "here's everything you need to know but where afraid to ask" books for the primary+ student. I'm looking for just the laws section or a study guide for the FAA converting to TCCA.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ronin

Frozen Ronin
29th Mar 2007, 01:16
Has anyone gone through this process?

Finals19
29th Mar 2007, 09:23
All the informtaion you need is contained here:

http://www.transport-canada.com/CivilAviation/general/circulars/gaac0601.htm#6_3

Its a paper work process only, with two written exams that are relevant to either you having a commercial or ATP licence. Currency provisions to your IFR rating and aircraft type apply, as per the CARS.

Hope that helps.

Frozen Ronin
30th Mar 2007, 15:00
Thanks, 19~

I appreciate the reply, I've read the list of requirements, it seems that there's a test to be taken on Canadian air law (seems appropriate). My trouble is that like our own FAR's, there is an enourmous amount of material on the subject. I was wondering if anyone had found a guide or explanation book written on the subject. There must be differences to our own regs, and I'd hate to answer the test based on our own regs!

Thanks!

Ronin

EpsilonVaz
30th Mar 2007, 18:53
What would be required to convert a JAA CPL/ME/IR to a Canadian one?