PDA

View Full Version : New medical insaurance for Saudia crew

blueskyb777
27th Mar 2007, 08:57
Medigulf and some american insaurance company met with Saudia crew yesterday to present the new medical insaurance card which will be provided to them. This medical coverages is used only when you are 1-on duety 2- in extreem emergency 3- outside the kingdom. well guys, this is already provided to the crew. I think some special interest group is benefited from this deal:mad: . As a crew, we need a good and a sound medical covarage here at home first instead of this garbage they offering. We NEED a compelet medical coverage for employees and their familys without any resterictions and not limited to Saudia Polly clincs. Guys, it is realy misrable here:{ .

blueskyb777
27th Mar 2007, 21:26
Dear MUTT, I guess you got it all wrong:ugh: . Dental coverage is only for employees none of their families. As a pilot, I get coverage for cavities, extraction, or cleaning only the rest I pay from my own pocket. As an employee, you know that referals to other hospitals for 0ther medical problems are not as easy as used to be and our doctors in SV medical are the worst.

blueskyb777

411A
28th Mar 2007, 16:19
Disappointed at the medical coverage?

I suspect mutt knows.

What he might not know about was the problem faced with one Flight Engineer in the mid-1980's, when all American contractors were covered by quite a good Travelers group medical policy, both employees and dependants.
The F/E's daughter was rather severely injured in an automobile accident in the USA, and under the policy, should have been covered...and indeed she would have been, except that SV had allowed the policy to lapse, due to non-payment of the premium.
The fur hit the fan big time over this, when the F/E mentioned that he would start legal action in NY and if successful (which was highly likely), have an SV 747 seized at JFK.
Policy reinstated, and all costs covered...pronto.