PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Kenyon Junior Helicopter Scholarship

DennisK
27th Mar 2007, 07:41
Hallo all,

I hope the moderator will allow me to publicise another scholarship ... in fact the only scholarship available for 'ab initio' pilots.

My committee run the Dennis Kenyon Junior Scholarship in memory of my son Dennis Junior, who was lost in March 2000.

The 2008 scholarship is open to British Nationals aged between 18 and 23 in the calendar year of application and offers flying training to the CAA PPL(H) stage. Applicants should believe themselves to be capable of obtaining a Class One medical, (if short listed for final apritude test - you would be asked to obtain the medical before flying) and also have a few GCSEs, with some at A/B level.

If called for committee interview, candidates will be expected to demonstrate motivation and determination to forge a career in helicopter aviation. A basic background knowledge of aviation generally is expected.

Each year, six applicants are selected for interview and in previous years two or three candidates have been asked to take a 'flying aptitude test' with Fast Helicopters at Shoreham Airport.

Previous winners have been:

Zoe Spain ... Now FISO at Fairoaks Airport. (currently 135 hours)
Hannah Nobbs Obtained position in design dept at Westlands

The 2007 winner is Georgie Dixon who will commence her PPL training with Dennis Kenyon in the summer of this year.

Applicants should send a 300 hand written essay outling their career path to date and plans for the future. The committee will look favourably at indications of an outgoing person with a good basic education and who is involved in a variety of interesting hobbies and physical activities.

The application should include evidence of date of birth, and it is helpful to the selection committee if you can include a recent photograph.

Please forward to :

The Dennis Kenyon Junior Helicopter Scholarship.

Care of: The Scholarship Committee, Fast Helicopters Limited, Cecil Pashley Way, Shoreham Airport, West Sussex, England, BN43 5FF.

Thanks to pprune for accepting this post.

Dennis Kenyon.

Heliport
27th Mar 2007, 23:16
When is the deadline for applications for the next scholarship?

DennisK
28th Mar 2007, 18:44
The scholarship doesn't have a finite dead line for applications, much depending on the volume received each year.

But I suppose the latest workable date must be around August 2007 to give myself and the committee time to make the initial assessments. .... So may I say we will use 31st August 2007 as our closing date this year.

However 'the early bird may catch the worm'

Thanks to Pprune for permitting our Scholarship notes.

Dennis Kenyon.