PDA

View Full Version : EK330-777 transition.

ShockWave
27th Mar 2007, 02:30
Just got offered a transition onto the 777 the other day, way before I expected it. The thing they neglected to mention was that you will of course loose your allocated leave! :ugh: Oh! and there are no leave slots available until after April 2008. I pointed out that if you transfer more crew to a fleet then there must also be new leave slots available, 30 pilots equals 180 weeks worth of leave etc. and the fact that annual leave is kind of a legal requirement. Fix it or forget it EK, I'm a lazy bugger, I don't need the extra work and I am entitled to my annual leave.
Every now and then I try to do the right thing, then they can't help themselves and just go and screw it up.:ugh:

fo4ever
27th Mar 2007, 03:30
Good on you Shockwave. More pilots should stick the head out and challange EK. I have done it in the past and ended up getting exactly what I wanted.

How far down the numbers are being offered 330 - 777 now. Are you 26...., 27...., 28.... or 29.... number mr Shockwave.

FO4EVER

ShockWave
27th Mar 2007, 05:17
quote: Why not take your leave when it is due then accept a course date after this?
If I take all my allocated 330 leave then I will probably not be offered a course until the end of the year. Then I could be away from home for 6 weeks doing a course god knows where over the Christmas period. Then I would be faced with the same 12 months of no leave because the leave bidding for the 777 will be closed before I would be finished training. The system is not set up to handle this kind of fleet transfer properly and needs to be addressed. I am not demanding too much of them, I just believe that we should not be forced into having no leave for 12 months.
quote: More pilots should stick the head out and challenge EK.
Point taken FO4ever. I' ve not said anything lately that will trouble too many, I hope. If so I'll blame it on the fatigue and apologize profusely.
I don't advocate sticking your head out in EK because history proves that there are too many axe men about only to happy to lop it off. However if there is a valid argument to be made I don't fear making it. There is always the choice not to take what is offered. Hopefully a fix for this may be found and the issue will disappear.:rolleyes:
Latest news:-no fix, however the leave department are trying to be helpful whithin the limitations of the system. So if you want leave more than a trip to the 777 make sure you check with them first and goodluck.

ekpilot
27th Mar 2007, 06:38
Hi SW.

Since, as you know, company information on the matters that really matter is virtually non-existant - could you please indicate what sen.numbers; 28...., 29..... are being offered the transition? Or are you LHS to LHS?

Cheers,
1 EKPILOT

typhoonpilot
27th Mar 2007, 10:26
Generally speaking, the leave will get allocated to you after you're qualified. Historically, that is how they have done it. Given the shortage on the 777 that may not be the case this time.

I am not demanding to much of them,

....and to make your posts more understandable please learn the difference between "to" and "too" :E

TP

Tail Rota
27th Mar 2007, 13:23
Hi Guys

Did it...lost my leave........ and cannot get leave until July 2007.......:D lost 42 days leave from May 2006 to April 2007......had 84 days owing with the new allocation of 2007-2008 and still cant get a holiday.....:ugh:

really getting grumpy......:E

Good luck fellas

TR:ok:

ShockWave
27th Mar 2007, 13:54
:ugh: not another edit!
fo4ever: sorry mate can't help don't even no what number I was, and yes LH to LH is what I'm doing.
When I upgraded I went for about two and a half years without leave, but it was worth it back then.
Different now though, because you will probably run out of hours anyway and have time off when you don't want through legalities, sickness or fatigue.

uplock
28th Mar 2007, 03:05
Tail Rota It is a Labor Law Requirement that the company MUST give you at least 30 days per year.

Pretty cut and dry

EGGW
28th Mar 2007, 04:42
What Uplock says is spot on, it is UAE Labour law that you have a minimum of 30 days off per yr. I did the transfer from the Bus rh to lh seat, cancelled all my leave as well. then when i finished reminded ED and leave planners of the legal requirement, got my entitlement.

EGGW

Tail Rota
28th Mar 2007, 07:37
Thanks boys

off to office.....its getting rediculous:{

....and another thing ...whats up with these manual insertions.:= ...... has anyone else had a problem with the roster being tampered with.....AND NOW A NEW STANDBY SYSTEM......:E that can only mean that our roster will be so flexable they can do anything they want.

Ultimately if we were all on standby the crewing problems would be solved:ugh: pause.........not!!! (Borat)

TR:ok: