PDA

View Full Version : Etihad getting A320's - rumour confirmed

c560xl
9th Aug 2005, 17:22
Hi to all,

Any idea about Etihad A320 Ops.
When are they going to start recritment for the crew.
I believe they have adverise for A320/330/340 F/O last week FI

Any info will be highly appreciated.

Happy Landings

Dani
9th Aug 2005, 21:39
As I understand, they accept A320 pilots as candidates for their workforce. That doesn't mean they operate A320s.

jollyikarus
9th Aug 2005, 23:03
ETIHAD don't operate A320, only A330, A340 and soon B777; eventually also A380....if and whenever. They also have one B767 in the fleet - temporarily, at least.

Cheers!

:-)

Da Do Ron Ron
26th Mar 2007, 18:12
According to http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/news/?ID=19444 (http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/news/?ID=19444) (sorry Dutch only),

Etihad will issue a RFP in 2008 for narrowbody planes A320 or B737 from Airbus and Boeing.

These planes will be used for services to India and within the Middle-East.

bluepacific
27th Mar 2007, 03:39
Whats up wih the light font ??
BP :confused:

Panama Jack
27th Mar 2007, 05:55
Whats up wih the light font ??

Maybe because it is still confidential. ;)

LOC GREEN
20th Apr 2007, 14:40
There is a rumour that Etihad getting A320's... how true is this??? or have anyone heard anything???

Fox3snapshot
20th Apr 2007, 19:00
They made it public recently that they are in negotiations regarding single aisle aircraft to meet their operational needs within the region. The A320 was probably most talked about as it centered on the offsets in compensation with the delayed A380 delivery. More to follow I am sure.... :8

Dixons Cider
21st Apr 2007, 21:19
Foxy's onto it.

Word is there are 10 odd 320's earmarked head towards the land of sand as an offset for the 380 debacle.

The question is...will they end up in Etihad colours or will some go elsewhere via Sheikh Ahmeds Oasis leasing co?

4HolerPoler
14th Aug 2007, 16:03
Well, it's official - this out today:

August 14: Etihad Airways has agreed to acquire three A320s in September and October: It is buying one from US-based KJ Aviation Services and leasing two from Air Malta.

4HP

noflare
14th Aug 2007, 16:18
I understand the Air Malta ones are initially wet lease. not sure about the other.

boiler
14th Aug 2007, 16:34
EY have applied for 4/day to BAH and they will be operating some of them with A320's this coming Winter season.

PHAROH
14th Aug 2007, 21:35
Etihad picks A320 narrowbodies for regional routes
By David Kaminski-Morrow

Middle Eastern carrier Etihad Airways is to introduce six Airbus A320 aircraft from next month, the first narrowbodies to be brought into the airline’s fleet.

Etihad Airways, based in Abu Dhabi, will take the first aircraft on 1 September and two more will be brought into operation during October.
Another three A320s will be put into service by the end of the first quarter of next year.

The airline says that it will use the aircraft to replace widebody jets on short-haul and regional routes, enabling it to free capacity for further long-haul services.

Its first A320 will be configured with 20 business-class and 120 economy-class seats. It will be used for services to the Iranian capital Tehran from next month.

Etihad has not yet indicated the source of the aircraft or identified the engine type. Narrowbodies have not formed part of any order placed by Etihad, which has so far focused on acquiring long-haul jets.

The airline will put its other A320s into operation on routes to Beirut, Muscat, Cairo, Kuwait, Doha, Bahrain, Dammam, Amman, Damascus and Karachi.

Etihad had stated earlier this year that it planned to introduce narrowbody aircraft to its fleet. Chief executive James Hogan says that the twin-jets will be “ideally suited” to its short-haul network.

B7,etc
15th Aug 2007, 13:58
As advertised in Flight International EY has selected Airbus for its regional network (A320).
They expect to get the first batch in ....september.
GF guys..get ready...!

Firbolgs
16th Aug 2007, 09:28
Think you might find the new upgrades get a lot of the command slots.

Alpha 6
16th Aug 2007, 10:22
GF guys..get ready...!

Air Arabia guys as well:}

Mr. Frodo
21st Sep 2007, 06:55
don't know, but 330 FO's SHOULD be given the right of first refusal whether they wish to be upgraded in the 320 or wait for their time in the 330...just my opinion :rolleyes:

arara
8th Oct 2007, 01:13
A320 will be flown only by itihad cadets,from 1000%100 sure source.

CT7
8th Oct 2007, 04:24
Er, well, you might have to re think that one, as quite a few people are looking at these jobs from elsewhere. You think the little cadettiees will be ready by JAN? Would you wanna fly with one...that green..?

Expect 10 A320s.
Expect them to be mostly owned by EY like the current one (and yes it is owned by them...so dont go there or I'll have to sl@p ya!)
Expect the new ones off the shop floor late 08.
Expect 2 groups of fleet sharing of A320/330 and A330/340.

Desert Diner
8th Oct 2007, 04:52
The new EY is begining to look more and more like the old GF every day:ooh:

SubsonicMortal
8th Oct 2007, 06:07
Hi DD

For those thinking about joining EY. Do you care to elaborate on your last statement?

Desert Diner
8th Oct 2007, 09:59
Sorry, I forget that some people not from around here read this for its entertainment value.

Simple really:

EY was formed as a means for Abu Dhabi to get out of the GF partnership. Some of the core EY people initialy came from GF.
A lot of the GF Deadwood floated to EY
JH left(?) GF for EY
A lot of the JH started routes axed by GF were almost imediately started up by JH at EY
A lot of GF crew went over to EY prior to GF improving its compensatin package.
etc. etc.

To many outsiders, EY may seam like another glamorous Middle Eastern airline. To those that have been here awhile, it's just another GF in the making.

Saying that now, most of the people that I've known at GF have all been happy with GF (aside from the money aspect as well as the numpties at the top). Moreso than it would seem for QR or EK. So I would assume it may be the same at EY, although it seems a lot of the numpties are in place there.

If you really want to come to the ME now, good luck. I don't envy anyone having to make that life changing choice now. I'm not sure what I would do if I had to do it over again, knowing now what I didn't know then.

Desert Diner
8th Oct 2007, 10:02
Oh, and it seems like deja vu re: aircraft selection.

A300Man
14th Oct 2007, 10:30
Saw an A320 taxi-ing in last night at AUH in full EY colours, but carrying a Maltese registration. Is this aircraft configured in KM's full (tight) Y class configuration, or has it been re-fitted to Etihad specifications?

Are the flight deck and cabin crews also from KM?

CT7
14th Oct 2007, 18:51
Pass about the inside, Malta F/D EY cabin crew with some Malta for Training.

Relief
23rd Oct 2007, 20:52
I’m not happy that my first post is to criticize EY senior management but the latest email regarding the 320 fleet is more or less confirming that there will be no upgrades on the above mention fleet and most of the Captains will be DECs. Also there was nothing written about reducing the total hours required for 320 upgrades. To me it seems like management do not trust there own pilots. Not to mention the reporting culture that they try to create... Regards

ironbutt57
23rd Oct 2007, 22:51
Actually..DD..GT was intended to be the basis for EY, but sudden changes politics dictated different..funny how things change...enjoy Akbar...:ok:

Mr. Frodo
24th Oct 2007, 15:18
I’m not happy that my first post is to criticize EY senior management but the latest email regarding the 320 fleet is more or less confirming that there will be no upgrades on the above mention fleet and most of the Captains will be DECs.

Relief, do you mean that there was an official notice to crew or email that was sent out by mgmt regarding this? How come we did not receive any? :ugh:

iBus
28th Oct 2007, 19:54
Expect 2 groups of fleet sharing of A320/330 and A330/340.

I know this is perhaps a controversial and personal question, but which group would be considered better/more popular among the EY crews? What are the advantages/disadvantages for each group? What about the T7 fleet? Nice rotations and nightstops?

alghazal
29th Oct 2007, 05:24
Easy !!!

Crapy and crapier.................

iBus
29th Oct 2007, 09:22
Come on now....is it really that bad? :ouch: Do you have any examples?