PDA

View Full Version : LANArgentina

Saturn
26th Mar 2007, 15:25
Does anyone have contact info on them? Heard they are hring a bunch. Cheers and thanks again.:ok: :ok:

FlyingOW
27th Mar 2007, 02:29
Just a quick question.......are you an Argentinian citizen or resident?

Most Latin American countries require pilots to be citizens or legal residents.......no foreigners allowed (only in very specific instances, like shortage of rated IPs when transitioning onto a new fleet etc and even then permits are only valid usually 6 months until local IP and aptains are trained up!!)

In LAN Argentina's case, Chileans arent even allowed to fly there like they are in LAN Ecuador and LAN Peru.

Hope this helps although it might not........ if you get my drift.

Regards,

FW

martin_cfi
27th Mar 2007, 04:54
Yes itīs true, Lan Argentina is in search of pilots due to a big expansion they are going thru.

However as the fellow pilot said besides the normal certificate and hours requirements you HAVE to be an Argentinian citizen. The aeronautical code states very clearly that only nationals can fly for air carriers, unless specific cases where permits are granted for a period of time if operational needs arise.

Argentina has a long list of pilots waiting for that first job, some experienced, some not, but there is not (and have never been) a shortage of pilots.

The other big issue in Argentina is the validation of certificates. Even going with an ATP with the space shuttle rating:} from an ICAO country, the whole process can take up to 1 year because you have to sit several exams and several flight tests. In other words thereīs no direct "show me your ATP, here i give you one to fly in argentina" you have to take all the flight tests from Private to ATP.

Having said that, I can tell you to give it a try if you want, you have nothing to lose.

you can send your resume to [email protected]

Good luck