PDA

View Full Version : Australian Government Warning On ALL Indonesian Airlines.

airsupport
25th Mar 2007, 23:17
Plane travel warning

Skynews

The Government is warning Australians to carefully consider their travel plans in Indonesia, after a report found none of the country's airlines meets all the safety requirements outlined by civil aviation standards.

The report, commissioned by the Indonesian Directorate General of Civil Aviation, divides airlines into three categories in terms of how they meet safety standards.

Category one airlines meet all safety regulations, those in category two meet minimal civil aviation standards, while those in category three have not implemented some requirements which could have an impact on safety.

Airlines in category three face being shut down if they don't improve.

The Government has posted travel advice on smartraveller.gov urging Australians to take the safety audit into account when making their travel plans.

JimmyReeves
26th Mar 2007, 15:18
:d :d :d :d

Ultergra
26th Mar 2007, 15:30
Took them this long to finally realise? ??? ??? ??? :ugh:

International Trader
26th Mar 2007, 15:40
I've known this for 30 years.
Just like the Government. On the ball , as usual

lowerlobe
26th Mar 2007, 20:51
Won't this make the Indonesian Gov spit the dummy !!!

Yet again though watch how many people fly will still Garuda to save a few dollars.

Sad that it takes an accident for our Gov to react....

YesTAM
26th Mar 2007, 21:13
Are Garuda maintaining any aircraft for Qantas????????

Angle of Attack
26th Mar 2007, 21:58
Yeah of course!!

The Cessna 152-ER have been maintained by Garuda for years!!

Didn't you know?

Its common knowledge mate......

F-Class
27th Mar 2007, 10:11
QANTAS were toying with the idea of moving 737 heavy maintenance to Garuda............

Coz its cheap!!!!

Point0Five
27th Mar 2007, 11:24
How does that song go again:
It's Merpati and I'll die if I want to, die if I want to...

Eastwest Loco
27th Mar 2007, 12:07
The inside word from within Airlines involved that a great amount of Rupiah changed hands to sign off on the required certifications.

An even greater amount has changed hands recently to cover up the previous transactions. The finest Government officials money can buy!

That is Indonesia for you. Chapelle and Slagcerdes would not be in the media now if they had enough sense to pay the required (and expected) bribe up front.

Unfortunately for Garuda and the other incumbents, the game is indeed afoot and I would be very much amazed if the big boy survives the operation. It is however a damned shame, but an industry that produces on average one major incident or accident every 10 days is not good for any of us.

So sad for my mates at GA.

I do like the way they treat their passengers and the way they do business.

Two of my corporates have sworn them off as of today and a third is considering it. Multiply that by the number of Travel Agents around the region.

If you are going into Jogjag or Padang, the list of possibilities becomes nearly untenable and that is what I am having to deal with. Tiger over SIN is about the only game in town into Padang twice a week, replacing the Silk Air services withdrawn after the Tsunami.

JOG is a whole different ball of wax. Only domestic input, and an ugly bastard of an airport.

Life was not meant to be easy.

EWL

C441
27th Mar 2007, 12:19
M any
E mergencies
R eported.
P lenty of
A ccidents
T horoughly
I nvestigated.

mainwheel
27th Mar 2007, 15:08
Classic of business in the region. Except airlines are not as stalwart and resilient as other ventures. Having political influence to eschew regulatory matters is the main recipe for disaster.

Be interesting to see what happens.

JimmyReeves
27th Mar 2007, 15:18
G. Good
A. And
R. Reliable
U. Under
D. Dutch
A. Administration