PDA

View Full Version : internet crew briefing

getjetsetgo
25th Mar 2007, 01:57
hey,
was just wondering how many airlines use websites like jetplan, easybrief and pilotbrief to provide paper work for their flight crews. i know know first choice uses all three. i've use pilot brief to prepare the paper work for their flight crews all the time. was just interest in who all also utilizes these sites and if its probably easier to get paper work from here than for airline operations to send the flight plans down via sita or email. i know ba uses it just for weather as they have their own flight planning software in house.thanks for any help

mfarrar
4th Apr 2007, 13:18
I'm not trying to advertise here, but our system (AirData) allows crew briefing materials (flight plans, weather, etc) to be sent by email, or to be picked up by crews from their company network. Lots of our customers do this - and find it very handy - and the savings in SITA charges are significant. You should be aware that some of the dedicated weather service providers are very expensive, however!

leonel fonseca
28th Apr 2007, 02:00
Jetplan is very good and cheap
Rgds

747-436
28th Apr 2007, 11:41
I think that using Web based applications are probably the way forward for those airlines that are not the majors and would like a bit of control over their flight planning systems but can't quite afford to do it themselves.

I have also found that it is a lot more user Friendly than getting them sent through on the SITA etc as if the print corupts or something goes wrong with it you can just print the part you need again rather than having to request the whole lot again if it was coming through on SITA.

merlinxx
28th Apr 2007, 20:16
You outed yourself, hows the WX at Kingfisher these days? Most companys' disallow promo on this site!

merlinxx
28th Apr 2007, 20:24
Web applications are by far the most efficient, and cheapest whom ever you use, all air carrier handlers have this facility. If you have ACARS, well then you're sorted. The handlers of course will be doing the load planning at non base locations, so they'll be in ctc with you/crew anyway. Do your crew carry laptops/palms with a printer etc? All can be used. DON'T USE SITA coms!!!!

I'm in the UK, and if I'd have to pay (domestic) for my call to a chum in NSW "OZ" for the paper via SITA, I'd be bust, thanks SKYPE!

F'Wx
30th Apr 2007, 07:25
Use PilotBrief, JetPlanner and JeppView at MK, very reliable

FL460
11th May 2007, 13:01
Our company use SITA for Flight Planning and we added their web access service 2 years ago. Its saved about 60% of our SITA Type costs :D (Fin Dept very happy) Disptch staff can create a electronic brief pack which can emailed to the crew or the IT admin guy can give individual piolts read only access to system via the net and they download the stuff themselves...handy when crews are in hotels and delayed... saves me sending them to airport to hang around for hours!! Also you can set it up that the GHA knows, say at -2hrs, there will be a CFP in the system and goes in an downloads the brief and prints it of on his own paper!! another saving kerching. The drivers think this is great as they dont have to carry return paperwork with them and its up to date! :ok:

merlinxx
11th May 2007, 17:05
Further to my previuos. There is one big hole which has happened in the past, and will again. Hotel, GHA, local comms go down, intercoursed what? Crews to ensure that comms are up and running at hotac or GHA, otherwise a dispatch negative situ. That's of course unless you give your crews web enable phones with a printer. Have fun folks & revert with actual situs for all to learn. Otherwise if you have ACARS, use it to the fullest.

Cheers & keep the faith Merlin (yup I'm from Taffistan)