PDA

View Full Version : Creative Audigy Problem

Suppers Ready
24th Mar 2007, 20:56
You have helped before with speed issues, so I am sure you can help me again :)
I have Creative Audigy 2 installed on my home PC with 5.1 speakers. I tinker about writing songs using Sonar 6 ( Cakewalk ).
For some strange reason, (it's just happened in the past couple of days), whenever I playback any recording, the music somes through the PC speakers not the Creative.
All other music files come through the Creative.
I contacted Creative and they suggested uninstall and reinstall. problem is I've no idea where the cd is. They then suggested I buy a new disc - that'll be right!!

Any help or ideas will gratefully be accepted.

Before anyone asks if I've connected the spod rod to the gangle thrommet, I'm not particularly good with computors!!

Thanks

SR

Cypherus
25th Mar 2007, 16:50
Have the same system on two of my PC's and don't know what they are thinking telling you too 'BUY' a cd for it.

Go here: http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/downloads/

Select your product, 'There are a number of Audigny 2 models so you can choose the right one from the list.

Click the 'GO' button which takes you too the next selection page.

Make your choice of Language/Operating system/required package.

Click 'Go' once more and then select your needs from the listing presented.

First the Drivers package, does for the 2 and the 4 series.

Then any applications you feel you might like or need.

It downloads to your desktop.

Close the browser and click the icon and it will install for you.

Reboot and your on your way again.

Suppers Ready
26th Mar 2007, 00:15
Hi Cypherus

Downloaded driver but still Sonar playing through desktop speakers not Creative.
I'm thinking there must be some way to tell Sonar to play through Creative but don't know how to do it.
Thanks for your help

SR

Cypherus
26th Mar 2007, 18:52
Had a quick look for the manual for this one but could not get a download of it, However did find this item regarding Audigny 2 setup in Sonar 6. appears to apply to all models, have read through and give it a go.

http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/hardwaresetup/creative.asp?man=Creative%20Labs

Suppers Ready
28th Mar 2007, 10:00
Sorted!!!
Thanks for all your help
Cheers
SR