PDA

View Full Version : Qantas A380 Terms and Conditions

blow.n.gasket
24th Mar 2007, 12:00
Just in as to why Qantas management refusing to negotiate T&C's on the A380.
How's this, 744 less 12% and no overtime!
Looks like a pay rise for the JetStar guys and Qantas pilots can get stuffed!:eek:
That glass is starting to look real full!
Hear Mannering will be in court soon too!
THAT SHOULD BE REAL INTERESTING!
Seems he couldn't keep his mouth shut ref the harassment case @!

bushy
24th Mar 2007, 13:26
That's interesting. If Qantas offers less money for pilots to fly the 380 than the 747 then you have the same situation that exists in GA. It will be interesting to see if the Qantas pilots (or newly hired pilots) will behave any differenty than the GA pilots.

Holier than thou?? We'll see.

noip
24th Mar 2007, 15:21
And the source would be?

N

blow.n.gasket
25th Mar 2007, 08:01
Management!
Even some of them can't stomach the stench emanating from a certain corner office!
That old Chuchie school tie again!:eek:
A very interesting titbit ref ShortHaul award for the 767,
the ship Qantas will use to take on Tiger with, was offered, along with a lot of other deep insights.

2p!ssed2drive
25th Mar 2007, 08:08
when is the A380 due to be online?

WarmNuts
25th Mar 2007, 08:19
Looks like SQ A380 pilots aren't too impressed with the proposed pay. keeping the planes gounded til the issues resolved may get GD thinking

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/20070313/singapore-airlines-salary-spat.htm

Keg
25th Mar 2007, 08:36
very interesting titbit ref ShortHaul award for the 767,

They've been throwing this chest nut around since I first went onto the 767 in '97. Someone may be saying it but in reality they're doing some pot stirring and I reckon it's no more solid than that at this stage.

LuckyQ
25th Mar 2007, 09:36
I'm sure when the A380's start arriving, a few of the older and experienced pilots, who have earned the money would be keen to have a fly before they retire, rather than worry too much about the pay.

Just out of curiosity, will they put S/O's on the A380's?

max autobrakes
25th Mar 2007, 09:49
What, and risk all that super?:bored:

noip
25th Mar 2007, 11:54
Nothing to see here ... move along.

drshmoo
26th Mar 2007, 09:36
I think you'll find also that unless it is for more money most old "senior filth" couldn't be bothered with another gruelling ground school and sim training. Way too stressful. No chance unless it is for upgade or more cash - the old buggers would prefer to pass the sim testing quarterly with minimal fuss drawing on years of experience and some effort to get through rather than learn all this new stuff. The 400 is the retirement ship.

Going Boeing
26th Mar 2007, 23:12
Who/what is the source of this? I haven't seen anything in writing.

Could be a very effective wind-up.

Mud Skipper
26th Mar 2007, 23:42
Got to go along with Coral and drshmoo.
Mainline currently has 200 pilots 55 yo and over of these only 10, who'd have the seniority for the A380, have transfered to the A330. I'd suggest the rest will sit back in the land of Boeingitis unless there was a really big carrot on offer.

Blow.n, lets hope he's out with the APA mob. Back as a line driver CM, won't that be comfortable after you've helped stuff us all around. :\

Capt Kremin
26th Mar 2007, 23:53
EBA 7 says that mainline will fly the A380 so if the senior guys don't bid for it, the junior guys will get assigned to it, whatever the T and C's eventually end up being.

I'm Driving
26th Mar 2007, 23:53
Mud Skipper

And I would suggest that all 10 will go back to the -400 if the money does turn out to be less on the 380.

*Lancer*
27th Mar 2007, 00:41
What's EBA 7 got anything to do with it!? :hmm:

I strongly doubt many senior guys will take a 20% paycut and a training course on an airbus (after having always flown boeings) just to fly something 'bigger'.

Nice little rumour though :D

neville_nobody
27th Mar 2007, 03:32
You ain't going to see old captains moving to the A380, mainly for the reasons DrShmoo listed. It's just to hard. If you've been a Boeing man all your career then to move in your 50's to a brand new Airbus aircraft will require alot of "unlearning". Boeing aircraft fly like conventional aircraft with input from the control column. You turn off the autopilot and it flys like a conventional aircraft. Airbus is a entirely different operating mentality. You always have to be aware of the mode you're in and what does what in every single mode. There were QF captains who went across to the A330 and pulled the pin as it was all just "to hard" at the stage of their life.

Now considering all that; these guys aren't going to take a pay cut just so that they can fly a A380.

Howard Hughes
27th Mar 2007, 03:59
the junior guys will get assigned to it, whatever the T and C's eventually end up being.
Good for the young-uns then? Those with say 20 years seniority!;)

2p!ssed2drive
27th Mar 2007, 04:05
hey! I fly a C210... I'll fit just perfectly into an A380 slot trust me :ok:

drshmoo
27th Mar 2007, 05:46
You would do it for less too probably..... well lucky for you they invented

Jetst@r international cruise fo's

Fill ya boots on the bus for 53k and a big debt too:ok:

DutchRoll
27th Mar 2007, 06:38
Yeah nice rumour about the A380. Yet another one I'll believe when I see it.
As for the 767, the fleet manager was told by his pilots in no uncertain terms where he could insert the shorthaul award (eeww, smelly!) when he was going around spruiking its merits some months ago. He fully admitted this.

Mud Skipper
27th Mar 2007, 08:35
Bit of thread drift but how many A330 F/O's are going to go for command on $147AU for Jetstar???

Not even close to AO 767 Command conditions and those slots went down to mid 1400's and you had the benifit of not having to living in Sydney.

20 of the 110 A330 F/O's are below the lowest 767 Command, perhaps they would all be better off holding out for a better deal. JPC agreed to those cr@p conditions, not AIPA. It's time to call the companies bluff and not accept these backwards conditions, the only reason they are even being offered is no one else nearly as qualified as an A330 F/O in QF will touch this. CM's remark that it's a result of MOU slots comming up is a bold face L.... Come the end of this year with 2 more A330's arriving for J* and J* training for the 787 comming on they will be screaming like pigs. Hold out lads, put your future in your hands not their greedy mitts.

Brutus
27th Mar 2007, 09:25
I hate to burst your bubble Mud Skipper but as of this afternoon, 9 people had applied. I presume the applicants meet the selection criteria so it looks as though the slots will be filled.
Like or lump it, this is the way of the future. If you want a command, swallow the medicine.

edited for typo

max autobrakes
3rd Apr 2007, 08:01
Et Tu, Brutus.