PDA

View Full Version : Etihad Sydney Basings?

MTOW
24th Mar 2007, 10:45
Any truth to the rumour that EY are about to advertise for Airbus pilots to be based in Sydney?

If it's true, the bleeding wound of resignations at EK could well develop into an arterial gush.

... of course, EK could stem that gush with a simple management decision - the very same decision EY management have recognised they simply had to make to fill their seats at the pointy end of their big white whales.

Zick
24th Mar 2007, 11:04
Hi MTOW,

I believe the rumor is not correct. Etihad has signed a deal for contract pilots last week, and it appears the guys will be based in SYD and fly the SYD-AUH-JFK route. Another managment error. Instead of raising the conditions for the present ones, they are hireing expensive pilots that will upset all of us.

How long they will stay is not clear to me, as the company didn't published anything yet, but it definitely suc..:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

This will certainly see more FO's leaving the company despite the new package, as commands will once more be postponed, and still no new airplanes ordered...

Zick

Bombay HF
24th Mar 2007, 12:55
Over three years ago RH employed short term contract Captains on the 330/340 fleet at GF, with written assurances that they would indeed be short term. Up to 20 of them are still here. I would suggest that they will be permanent at EY also.

noflare
24th Mar 2007, 17:24
If it is true then it does stink!
If Im not mistaken I am sure I heard at the Hogan meeting that they would avoid contract pilots...

Slap in the face for the new recruitment team!:*

tiger-palm
25th Mar 2007, 09:28
Heard a rumour Skyairworld plan to hire A345 drivers based SYD. Clients a major airline unquote, looks like EY.

ratpoison
25th Mar 2007, 09:40
"Monitor vertical speed and WINDUP". "Dont Sink".

stratocumulus
25th Mar 2007, 14:07
I heard they grow on trees in the land down under:E
Come on guys the market is dry...dont believe the s..t the others spread around......they might find some retirees to fly for a couple of months but thats about it.
Feel sorry for the copilots though...it looks like its going to be a couple of years on the right seat-INDUSTRY STANDARD-
If they only knew what they have done to themselves with the new BS package.....but what to do
As always blind leads the blind
Safe flying

Wiley
27th Mar 2007, 05:19
Zick, could you clarify your post for me? You say the rumour's not correct and then go on to say EY have signed a deal for contract pilots to be based in Sydney, which is pretty much what MTOW's rumour was, wasn't it?

Dixons Cider
28th Mar 2007, 07:42
A345/6 drivers
I heard they grow on trees in the land down under

umm ....theres shed loads of em in the sand pit that would consider going back to oz for a decent number

Wiley
28th Mar 2007, 09:43
I think most people would call your argument a clear case of splitting hairs, flynbyu. And I'd have to say I agree with the comment made above - EK 'Boos drivers will be deserting the desert in droves if the package is anywhere near as good as I've heard, (in the order of AUD220k pa including all extras).

Bombay HF
28th Mar 2007, 12:37
flynbu... The contract pilots employed by RH when he was at GF were on 6 to 12 month contracts as well . Almost four years later after endless extentions most of them are still here. Talking to them they give the impression that their contracts are open ended. I can't see why it will be any different in EY.

propaganda
28th Mar 2007, 22:12
Which agency got the contract to supply EY with A345/6 Pilots. Please tell me it's not Dishcloth.:{

eric the viking
10th Apr 2007, 08:58
http://www.skyairworld.com/careers.html

Applications are invited from Captains and First Officers with Airbus A330/A340 type ratings, interested in operating long range Airbus flights from a Sydney base. Captains should have significant command experience on jet aircraft above 50,000kg and 7,000hrs or more total time. First Officers should have more than 2,500hrs total time and more than 1,000hrs on jet aircraft above 50,000kg.

I think it's Sky who got the contract for EY.

Thoughts?

Anyone with more info?

Chris21
16th Apr 2007, 10:33
I think you will find that sky have nothing to do with EY. The CEO and others used to work for Strategic Aviation which has the Australian Defence Force contract to transport troops from Australian on deployment in the middle east. I think you will find that they are sourcing an aircraft to take this contract over and fly defence force personnel from SYD to places like KWI and FUJ.

hot tuna
16th Apr 2007, 20:31
Sounds a load of crap....year contract...dream on

wingslow
17th Apr 2007, 13:26
I can't see too many pilots leaving reasonably secure jobs for a one year contract.....pie in the sky stuff. :suspect:

west of 30w
2nd May 2007, 07:05
As I understand it, now it seems EY dont need the contract pilots. they can crew the flights. Shame they already signed the deal!!

tiger-palm
2nd May 2007, 09:19
EY looking to take advantage of GF troubles and soak up their Boyz. Contracts can be broken, with penalties attached.

Go Right Ahead
26th May 2007, 16:50
Hi all, can anyone confirm about this position. I believe it was advertise by an outside firm and not Etihad itself.

Does anyone have any information about this position or even the website for that firm advertising the position. I saw it a while back, however after doing a search, I couldnt find anything.

Any news would be helpful.

G R A

L1011
27th May 2007, 02:14
www.skyairworld.com I think.

Contract job for unnamed ME airline.

Now on hold due "contractor airline has advised that negotiations regarding regulatory issues will take longer than originally anticipated."

Probably stiff opposition internally and from the gubmint.

RFN
28th May 2007, 03:53
Spoke to someone in pilot recruitment. The original intent was to have crews based in SYD, however, its not the case now with sufficient crews available now in Abu Dhabi to cover the SYD flying. Bugger...

Mr Mugabe
30th May 2007, 14:20
Pie in the desert stuff........

propaganda
31st May 2007, 04:25
Bugger....next cunning plan.:ok: