PDA

View Full Version : Virgin B777 requirements

astinapilot
24th Mar 2007, 08:44
Anyone know what hours Virgin are looking for for s/o's on the new 777's? F/O hours also?

Thanks

coaldemon
24th Mar 2007, 09:03
Since they haven't got an airline name, AOC , Chief Pilot or even any executive team I am tipping you will be waiting until well into 2008 to find out what requirements for the SOs will be. I can't imagine that it will be less than what they are after on the website now.

Keg
24th Mar 2007, 13:47
Extra AOC, CP and 'executive team' strikes me as a very big waste of money. Surely it'd be cheaper to set it up under the current AOC, CP, executive system, etc. I know why QF started up J* but does that suit DJ's purposes?

j3pipercub
24th Mar 2007, 21:42
Why do you think they started Pac Blue? NZ CAA would give them ETOPS approval and an international license quicker and cheaper than CASA. There are still some in CASA that were rubbed the wrong way by that, so I wouldn't expect too much co-operation from our wonderful, efficient and cost reasonable Regulator;)

xkred27
24th Mar 2007, 23:00
What S/O. BG will use cabin crew as relief commanders. They have more
authority that pilots in this airline anyway................

2p!ssed2drive
24th Mar 2007, 23:48
Are pilots going to have to pay for there own B777 endorsement!?

What's one of them worth?

astinapilot
25th Mar 2007, 02:33
I imagine so. ANZ $26k was mooted which sounds cheap.

When do they plan to take delivery/start ops as the quoted 2008 seems fairly soon to deliver and operate 6 just ordered a/c??

Next Generation
26th Mar 2007, 05:26
What S/O. BG will use cabin crew as relief commanders. They have more
authority that pilots in this airline anyway................

Cabin Crew will be paid more than a S/O as well.

A cabin supervisor on the Embraer will earn as much as a F/O so I'm sure an International S/O will get less again!

NG

Gordon Schumway
26th Mar 2007, 07:07
j3pipercub: Why do you think they started Pac Blue?
Virgin Atlantic ownes the international rights to the name "Virgin"
Singapore Airlines ownes 49% of VA
SIA vetoed DJ's use of the name 'Virgin' for an international operation to try and prevent any damage to their interest in ANZ.
BG tried to convince SIA they'd make more money from the royalties that DJ pays for the use of the name to no avail so started the operation anyway as PB. SIA achieved and receives NOTHIN'
I suspect the same scenario for the 777's, therefore PB-Aus!!