PDA

View Full Version : Connecting in Atlanta

ryansf
24th Mar 2007, 01:22
Hello,

I am soon travelling from Las Vegas to Washington, via Atlanta, with Delta. Due to Delta changing my flights (without informing me), I now only have a 45 minute connection time. I was just wondering, is this enough time? If I do happen to miss my flight, what would happen then? Your help is greatly appreciated, as I have never made a connecting flight before! I travel on a Friday if that helps, landing at 6pm in Atlanta.

Many Thanks

Ryan

obgraham
24th Mar 2007, 05:14
It's tight, but probably enough time, especially if you luck out and arrive and depart from the same concourse.
If you miss, looks like there's 4 later flights, 3 to Washington National and 1 to Dulles. Usually Delta will rebook you automatically. But if not, grab a phone and call their 800 number rather than waiting in a long line at the customer-no-service desk.

MAN777
24th Mar 2007, 12:54
If you are on time, You should make it, but I would worry about your baggage !

ryansf
25th Mar 2007, 02:49
Thanks for the advice! Hopefully it will be alright! It's still eight weeks away though. Regarding the baggage, I've heard I have to collect it and put it on another belt, so it could be ok!

Cheers

Ryan

manxbudgie
29th Mar 2007, 20:41
Travelled to SLC recently with a tight conncection through Atlanta no problems with baggage at all we all arrived together in SLC - have a good trip

skydriller
30th Mar 2007, 07:48
Regarding the baggage, I've heard I have to collect it and put it on another belt, so it could be ok!

I believe this only happens if flying in from abroad (say Europe): you claim your bags after the immigration grilling (having waited for all US citizens to pass through first...), pass customs with them and and place them on the connections belt, then need to be re-screened through security. That little lot requires at least an hour on a good day.....tell me how I know!!

As you are connecting from internal flights you should not have any of that hassle, will walk direct gate to gate, and your baggage should be automaticly transfered - at least thats what happened for me in the other direction.

Relax, your 45 mins should be plenty of time, even half an hour - done that!!

Regards, SD..

Gertcha
2nd Apr 2007, 11:23
If DL have rebooked you then it will be Ok minimum connection time-wise. If your flight arrives late, there are various DL desks dotted around the airport, and also automated kiosks as well to check if you have been rebooked.

As you are connecting domestic-domestic your baggage will be through checked, no reason to reclaim.

I've done a 45 minute connection at Dulles before and that airport is much more complicated than ATL!

ryansf
2nd Apr 2007, 22:28
Thanks for the replies guys!