PDA

View Full Version : Hawker 400A Incident

nano404
23rd Mar 2007, 23:53
Hey all, first time posting.

Just thought i'd post something.:)

On the 17th of March, at 2027 hours UTC a Hawker 400A (N466LX) owned by Flight Options landed at MBPV (Providenciales Intl, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Is.) It was a fuel stop. The flight was flying from TNCM (Princess Juliana, St Marteen) and ultimately Palm Beach International. I believe two crew, two passengers.

(Note: The jet is new, just 21 hours on it)

Shortly after touchdown the left gear collapsed, plane's left wing scraped the runway, took out two runway lights. Luckily no fire.

Everyone safe and untouched.

Nature of damage: Moderate damage to flaps trailing edge on left wing; light to moderate damage to wingtip leading edge on left wing.

My observations conclude that there was something wrong with the, uhh, mechanism that locks the gear. I saw some short footage that investigators shot as they were testing the gear.

--(My dad told me something slightly different but i guess he just conveyed what he was told by the investigators sent down by the Flight Options and Raytheon somewhat incorrectly.)--

Anone knows if this can cause a possible call-back of these aircraft? This was dangerous, there was fuel spilling out the wing and with the tip of the wing scraping the runway it could have been deadly.