PDA

View Full Version : Story of the 49ers

Glacier1900
23rd Mar 2007, 19:08
I don't mean to dig at old wounds, but I've heard bits and pieces of the story, but you never know what's true. I've searched and can't find anything on here. What exactly happened?

A/T less
23rd Mar 2007, 19:17
49 bad apples were fired, end of story. Don't let anyone tell you differently, we are better off without them.

BusyB
23rd Mar 2007, 19:46
Try a search and it all comes up:(

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2585&highlight=49%27ers

Johannes Kepler
23rd Mar 2007, 20:57
49 bad apples were fired, end of story. Don't let anyone tell you differently, we are better off without them.

So AT less, they were such bad apples that the company a) offered to reinterview most of them immediately, b) subsequently did reinterview about fifteen and re-employed about ten...

Two rotten apples were so bad they are now dead; others are following successful careers elsewhere - despite CX management's knife going into the kidneys...

So whats that tell you about this company and its ethics ?

greencandreaming
23rd Mar 2007, 23:03
A/T less you are probably just trying to get a reaction from some of us . but i will have a little nibble

3 of those 49ERs are now Captains with Cathay , so if they were such bad Apples as you suggest they are , would they be wearing 4 bars at this present time .

its good to see you clearly have compassion about your fellow man , you must be a Born Again Christian . like one of the other back stabbing people we have in this company .
Mate no matter how much preying you do , those pearly gates wont open up for you . once a c@nt always a c@nt

Mr. Bloggs
24th Mar 2007, 02:50
http://www.cathaypilotsunion.org/

A/T less
24th Mar 2007, 04:04
A/T less you are probably just trying to get a reaction from some of us . but i will have a little nibble

3 of those 49ERs are now Captains with Cathay , so if they were such bad Apples as you suggest they are , would they be wearing 4 bars at this present time .

its good to see you clearly have compassion about your fellow man , you must be a Born Again Christian . like one of the other back stabbing people we have in this company .
Mate no matter how much preying you do , those pearly gates wont open up for you . once a c@nt always a c@nt

The sarcasm went right over your head didn't it?

So if Cathay hired them back, is that admitting it was a dumb move in the first place to sack them?

Mr. Bloggs
24th Mar 2007, 06:36
I thought it was sarcasm.

Firing the 49ers was not a dumb move on Cathay Pacific. It was very effective. It may cost them a couple of dollars with lawyers but very effective.

Intimidation can run unchecked by the company and we have a very compliant pilot workforce. I don’t see pilots not complying.

The current freighter situation is case in point. Every passenger pilot shouldn’t be flying the freighter, but yet they are. If they didn’t, the freighter pilots could get a pay increase and possibly a better RP. A couple of interviews with the chief pilot have most of the 744 pax pilots running for cover. The F/O’s would not dare put their head above the parapet, they will be held back for command.

So I disagree that firing the 49ers was a dumb move.

A/T less
24th Mar 2007, 13:23
Very good point Mr. Bloggs.

Blown Seal
24th Mar 2007, 15:10
It amazes me how pilots can justify (no matter in what regard) the UNJUSTIFIED firing of thier brethren. Those of you (especially that are at CX) that do this make me sick. Best of luck to those remaining in your court case.,

4-Daned
27th Mar 2007, 13:25
Hey Glacier. Nice to see some more CMA boys here...About the 49-ers? My friendly advice is...Let it go.

19weeler
27th Mar 2007, 23:00
Just like our impotent union did?
Great advise you moron!