PDA

View Full Version : Groundschool in Netherlands

mvz
23rd Mar 2007, 07:38
Morning all.

I have taken the better part of 2 hours and read the "sticky" thread and advice by scroggs.
I have pretty much made up my mind as to the route I shall follow with regard to obtaining the "frozen" JAR ATP but would like to get in contact with some people that have done their training in The Netherlands.

Need to throw a couple of questions around regarding the various training institutions there (albeit that I have narrowed down my choice list to 2 institutions).

Currently the holder of a South African CPL I/R.

I have noted that the groundschool (full time - approx 8 months) for the JAR ATP subjects is in the region of Euro10 000 (continental) however in the UK it seems to float in the region of GBP3 000.
Converting SA Rands, this is a large difference in price.

Would appreciate contact from anyone having trained or in the process of obtaining their subjects in The Netherlands.

Regards

mvz

Piltdown Man
23rd Mar 2007, 19:50
If you are fluent Dutch speaker and have the right of abode in the Netherlands then you only really have one decision; when you do borrow the money to go to KLS or NLS?

PM

mvz
28th Mar 2007, 06:23
Thank you for your reply.

Ok, I am both fluent in Dutch and also carry a Dutch Passport. Previously worked in the banking industry in Holland.

KLS and NLS - do they also provide groundschool lectures for the ATP subjects?
I was looking at doing it via Skyjobs (Martinair).
Do you have any thoughts on this institution?
Martinair Cargo would be my preferred route to follow.

Mvz

RealNuke
28th Mar 2007, 14:28
hi,

i am kind of the same situation...dutch and willing to start a pilot education.

but i have been looking around the chances to get a job are minimum..

i am allready 27 and have a wfe and mortgage...

76-er
29th Mar 2007, 21:33
Hi mvz,
keep in mind that the Martinair flightschool has absolutely nothing to do with the airline. Actually, I only know of only one former flightschool student who actually went to work for MP.
And as far as applying for a job at Martinair Cargo, there is no such thing. Officially new hires a assigned the A320, however in real life you're placed wherever people are needed. So that could be on any type, from 320 to 744.

mvz
30th Mar 2007, 05:57
Bedankt 76-er

This is more the type of info I was hoping to gather. So, would then take Piltdown Man's advice and look at KLS or NLS. Would it then actually make a difference if I do the JAR theory at say Bristol?

I think I need to clear something up here with the previous threads. I am not wanting to start training. I have a current South African CPL I/R and am flying in South Africa at the moment.

I will be funding the theory course (8 months I believe and about Euro 10 000) myself and as such I need as much info as possible as this amounts to quite a bit of money considering the ZAR/E forex conversion.

I'll get in contact with KLS/NLS for a prospectus of their ATP theory.

Stella Aviation? Do you have any info on their groundschool?

Thanks

mvz

76-er
30th Mar 2007, 19:22
I'm afraid I've been out of the training business too long to give you a good answer. Try this: airwork.nl, and the folks over there will be able to tell you everything you need to know.