PDA

View Full Version : Suspicious comissions for the A380

Mustapha Rex
23rd Mar 2007, 06:42
According to French news (AFP) EADS (Airbus industries) is being investigated for illegal black box funds, or recomission payments to private interests in the UAE.
I guess this makes it clearer as to how and why EK and EY ordered so many A-380's. So after all it isn't simply about capcity but back hand size!
Trust these sheikhs with all their wealth to be on the game.:oh:
No wonder that all business in the UAE is franchised!;)

parabellum
23rd Mar 2007, 10:18
It has ever been thus Mustapha, Airbus and their 'brown envelopes' are a legend.

fractional
23rd Mar 2007, 10:33
It has ever been thus Mustapha, Airbus and their 'brown envelopes" are a legend.
Nothing new here. Side & back kicks, the favours and "the all expenses paid vacations" and "the so call lobbying nowadays", it's all corruption and it's in every corner of the world in all industries and trades.
Lockheed & McDonnell Douglas did it, Boeing did it and still does it and Airbus, not being a saint, did it, does, and will do it too.
At the other end we have individuals in Saudia, Kuwait and Gulf Air known to have done it too. I'm sure there is more to add to it, but the on going investigations elsewhere will bring up appetising news on the subject.:cool:

Mustapha Rex
23rd Mar 2007, 12:24
Fully aware that it happpens, what will be interesting is what names will appear as the receiving entities here....:eek:
Wouldn't surprise me that the choice of the 380 and other types by the french constructor is based solely on the re-commission, the same as the growth of the market here.
Which could mean that Airbus has used the market to hype it's image and stock value....and that corruption in this part of the world lies high up with the same people who count beans and break sugar cubes on your back.
Is this also part of the 1Bn dollars missing from EY's coffers?

crazy_pilot
23rd Mar 2007, 18:46
… and this side/back/front kick backs are not just limited to commercial airlines, am sure many of you guys recall recent news of defence contract ‘al yamama’ had been in the news and a ‘slush fund’ specially created to meet extravagance of the ‘right personalities’. When the SFO got the sniff of it, the matter was closed dueto conflict with the British govt national interest.

surely not
24th Mar 2007, 07:31
Why just stick at knocking Airbus Mustapha Rex? You really think that Boeing and its amazing order book for the full of new untried technology 787 is clean? The Americans have a whole host of ways to twist the buyer into buying American; Govt pressure that Foreign Aid might not be as big next year unless American product is chosen, etc etc.

Look at the mess Boeing got itself in with the USAF Air Tanker order. In that instance it was Airbus being sinned against, and the American tax payer ripped off.

Mustapha Rex
24th Mar 2007, 08:19
No doubt SN, that boeing is playing the same game, my thought is that it would be interesting to see the names of the takers disclosed as french parliament begins disclosing details later this year as the investigation progresses.