PDA

View Full Version : SIA Cadet Pilots from India

StarboardDrift
23rd Mar 2007, 05:54
I am wondering if there are any people from here who have applied for the cadet pilot position at SIA - recently advertised in the TOI.

It might be worth getting together and sharing some apprehensions!!

StarboardDrift
23rd Mar 2007, 10:08
After reading several forums, articles and adverts, I understand the allowance during cadet pilot training is S$300 to S$900 based on educational qualifications.

Does anyone have any confirmed information? This seems to be too low to be true!!

Merlinrabbi
23rd Mar 2007, 10:19
not true.
not sure what is the rate now, but definitely higher than what you quoted. the amount does depend on your academic qualification.

StarboardDrift
23rd Mar 2007, 10:52
Do you have any rough idea? Any idea where I can find some authentic information on this?

Thermal Image
23rd Mar 2007, 11:23
Does anyone have any confirmed information? This seems to be too low to be true!!

Well how about you state how much will make you happy.

After all, elsewhere and with the exception of a mere handful of airlines, you are the one out of pocket paying (or borrowing first) for your training and with no confirmed job at the end of it all either.

Here, SIA is giving you pocket money ON TOP OF providing you with accomodation, food, training, books and uniforms. You're quite welcome to turn your nose up in the air with their pittance of an allowance and reject them.

StarboardDrift
23rd Mar 2007, 11:37
Interesting to hear your views! Thank you.

airbusboeingdriver
23rd Mar 2007, 14:09
hi thermal image,

unfortunately these are the peoplp sia would blindly take in. god bless!

ArcachonTower
23rd Mar 2007, 19:32
Hello

The know all, Thermal "pro SIA" image has always got to give his 2 cents worth. Have never heard the word humble i guess.

What....a watchdog...perhaps

pardon me...

on_the_right
23rd Mar 2007, 20:52
yes, some people have the wrong idea that an airline is in the charity business.
every cent spent on you, or paid to you is accounted for, with big profits. you do sign up for a big part of your working life.
you dont owe anyone, anything.
so if you can afford a CPL, you dont want to look toward that part of the world to get hired.

Thermal Image
24th Mar 2007, 02:08
What a glorious morning this is.

Arcachon Tower:
You are just a small boy talking in SMS speak who does not even know what RVSM is: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3074233#post3074233

You don't know about SIA's hiring policy and can't be bothered to read up threads that prove it:
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3189319#post3189319

on_the_right:
Still smarting from the rousing gangbang you received from a few of us on PPRuNe back in 2005, and up till now you're still sore?
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2253158#post2253158
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2426623#post2426623

Interesting how Arcachon Tower and you both write in SMS speak...

Go on then, spend your pathetic little lives looking out for posts from me for an opportunity to get back at me.

LuckyQ
24th Mar 2007, 04:19
Hey,

Anyone heard from SIA or given any interview dates as yet?

Vimd23
24th Mar 2007, 07:28
hi , just my 2 cents worth , I got through the SIA call in 2005 , but nothing for the love of money or otherwise , would have made me accept the offer as its p*ss poor in my opinion considering the oppertunities we have in India then ( markets expanding) and even more so now. A stipend of sin $900 is peanuts , u will end up spending more money outta your own pocket in the first few years just to survive hand to foot in singapore ( forget saving ), also remember the airline is local friendly when it comes to command ( as it should be ) . I also do not appreciate the fact that they do not provide staff travel for your family and u cannot even dead head on their frieghters , which is the fleet they are recruiting for. My suggestion to u guys is , keep this as your last option , its really not attractive from a pilots perspective.
cheers
vimd23

hpcock
24th Mar 2007, 08:10
Got to agree with Vimd23

I too got accepted to SIA last year - but what a ****ty deal!!

There are better opportunities in other parts of the world - India being one of them. The revolution in Indian aviation cannot be matched anywhere else in the world at present. My opinion - jump on board now, before its too late.

SIA might be worth a look in once you've got a few thousand hrs under your belt, but until then.....

Good luck
HPC

ArcachonTower
24th Mar 2007, 08:56
Thermal_Image:

SMS speak......what vocab is that then? But if that's what u call it then take it as i didnt wish to waste elegant english on a specimen like u.

"RVSM", did i tell u i am an aviator... Stop assuming, because u still wont get anywhere.

Threads dun prove anything...prove comes with good/valid/reliable and most importantly current references.

Who are you???? A gd reference??? Think before u spill out rubbish again.

Once again Humble is the word.. and dun expect any more replies from me with regards to ur scribbles.

cheers

StarboardDrift
24th Mar 2007, 08:56
Thanks guys. Very valuable advise.. I am working as an Assoc Vice President of a NYSE listed company having more than 14000 employees. I have a great position, fat salary and great stock options. But this is a non flying job and my passion to fly still exists. I have a cpl, multi, etc which is not current though.with my current income I can afford to pay house, car, insurance premiums. Just wondering how I can do without that for so long. Is it worth the sacrifice?

StarboardDrift
24th Mar 2007, 09:47
Vimd, are you sure it is S$900? Are you also sure they are recruiting for cargo this time?

Thermal Image
24th Mar 2007, 17:05
Thermal_Image:

SMS speak......what vocab is that then? But if that's what u call it then take it as i didnt wish to waste elegant english on a specimen like u.

"RVSM", did i tell u i am an aviator... Stop assuming, because u still wont get anywhere.

Threads dun prove anything...prove comes with good/valid/reliable and most importantly current references.

Who are you???? A gd reference??? Think before u spill out rubbish again.

Once again Humble is the word.. and dun expect any more replies from me with regards to ur scribbles.

cheers

Read my post again:
"You are just a small boy talking in SMS speak who does not even know what RVSM is:"

Now, where in that post is ANY assumption that you are even remotely connected with aviation? I said that you are a small boy. A SMALL BOY. I didn't even suggest that you are a wannabe. But somehow you read that to mean that I have assumed that you are an "aviator", wow, big words. So, how does small boy = pilot?

You say you don't know what SMS Speak means? Let is not be said that I'm not helpful to the less fortunate and stupid. SMS speak is a common reference to the lazy writing style by lazy people like you:
http://sites.ninemsn.com.au/minisite/web2sms/help/smsdict.asp
http://smspup.com/smsSpeak.php
http://www.funsms.net/sms_speak.htm

Surely even you can find out what SMS Speak means. Or perhaps not.

Of course, the usual cop out from losers like you - "dun expect any more replies from me with regards to ur scribbles". What else is new when all you have contributed to this forum is nothing but noise. You have no substance and you can't craft a decent rebuttal. So of course you will say no more replies from you.

anito4a
24th Mar 2007, 22:04
Thermal Image, what's your background? You seem to be an authority on SIA cadet pilot recruitment. I don't see any other flying related posts from you other than one where you mentioned where to get GA pilot supplies. Are you a pilot with SIA who has gone through the cadet pilot system (which would explain why you know so much in this area)? Or are you an employee of Singapore Flying College? Just interested, that's all. But you do have an attitude mate, a slightly arrogant one at that. :rolleyes:

Thermal Image
25th Mar 2007, 05:19
Thermal Image, what's your background? You seem to be an authority on SIA cadet pilot recruitment.
Let's just say I have an interest on who gets in. At all levels.

I don't see any other flying related posts from you other than one where you mentioned where to get GA pilot supplies. Are you a pilot with SIA who has gone through the cadet pilot system (which would explain why you know so much in this area)? Or are you an employee of Singapore Flying College? Just interested, that's all.
If you can be bothered to look at ALL my posts instead of selectively recalling the GA thread you may get a better idea.

But you do have an attitude mate, a slightly arrogant one at that.
No need to be polite mate. Say it like it is, I am full of contempt for certain folk, especially in the context of threads like these. As I have said, if you read all my threads you will know that I'm a straight talking fellow. Helpful when required, and when the situation calls for it, when I meet assholes I will be a bigger one at that. I have not given anyone a reply he does not fully deserve.

on_the_right
25th Mar 2007, 06:45
TI, yeah maybe my 4+4 rest too heavily on my shoulders and will love to straighten out a pric*ky little 2+2 like you. too bad i dont work for your famous airline.

Thermal Image
25th Mar 2007, 16:41
TI, yeah maybe my 4+4 rest too heavily on my shoulders and will love to straighten out a pric*ky little 2+2 like you. too bad i dont work for your famous airline.

on_the_right:

I challenge you to produce ONE, just one post that is a contribution to this forum, one post that contains valuable factual insider information that is helpful to others. Any fool can locate publicly available information with the Internet. Any fool can echo someone else's opinion. Any fool can hurl insults.

Since you registered in Nov 05 your grand total of 31 posts comprise nothing more than already public information or baseless accusations, rephrased or parroted opinions and personal attacks.

Surely you can do more than just add to the overall noise in an already noisy forum?

I'm glad I traumatised you when I reamed you out, to the extent that it keeps you awake at night scouring the forum looking for any chance to insult me. It's nice to know that I made you wet your bed. Like a dog that returns to its' vomit you will live out your days scavenging for posts from me.

Anyone who has to claim that he has "4+4" instead of letting his posts prove what he is, is exactly that - a fake. You're just a pimply punkass kid who can't even write a decent sentence.

on_the_right
25th Mar 2007, 17:19
there you go. well done son.

StarboardDrift
26th Mar 2007, 09:29
LuckyQ, where are you located in India?

Speedbird_J
2nd Apr 2007, 02:32
I applied for the Singapore Airlines indian cadet intake online about 2 months ago. Has anyone here got a reply from them? Whats the status of the intake? Any info will be appreciated.. Thanks in advance..

speedtwoten
2nd Apr 2007, 15:41
:confused: I believe Singapore Airlines try to find Pilot which able to make a phone call during taxi-in and taxi-out with his/her mobile-phone :\