PDA

View Full Version : TVSA/ Indian Contract.

novicef
23rd Mar 2007, 03:34
Just saw this in Google under Bacchus Marsh School Of Aviation/TVSA. Peter Dowe has signed 2 MOU’s with Vaels International Academy Chennai for training Indian pilots.
Pact for commercial pilot course
Practical training is for nine months

Vael's International Academy, Chennai, has signed two Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs): with Bacchus Marsh School of Aviation Flight Camp, Australia, to offer commercial pilot courses; and with Queensland Government Trade and Investment Office (TAFE), Australia to offer five vocational courses for Indian students.
The MoUs between Vel's Group of Institutions and the two Australian institutions were signed by Ishari K. Ganesh, Founder-Chairman, Vael's Group of Institutions, and Peter Dow, Chief Flying Instructor and Chief Pilot, Bacchus Marsh School of Aviation Flight Camp, and Gayle O'Brien, Director, Queensland Government Trade & Investment Office (TAFE).
The Bacchus Marsh School of Aviation Flight Camp offers Diploma in Commercial Pilot Licence Programme. The course duration is one year, which includes a three-month theory course in Chennai and nine months practical training in Australia.
The course fee is Rs. 17 lakh that covers the student's travelling, lodging and boarding expenses.
This 27-year-old Australian institution is also arranging part time jobs for students, who can work 20 hours per week in Australia in any part-time job during their training period.
The part-time job will offer them an opportunity to earn while they learn. The training will be provided in single engine and multiple engine flights.

Bankstownboy
23rd Mar 2007, 05:23
Sounds like a sweatshop, putting 'em in casual jobs 20 hours a week and studying the CPL course every night...

ILS 31R
23rd Mar 2007, 07:48
What else would you expect from TVSA?:ugh:.
Work like a dog P/T get back to Bacchus and work some more for free around the airport / Accommodation and get a CPL at the same time. :eek:

Animalclub
23rd Mar 2007, 08:13
Perhaps I'm dumb (no comments please), but what has Queensland Government Trade and Investment Office (TAFE) got to do with a flying school at Bacchus Marsh?

rmcdonal
23rd Mar 2007, 09:18
multiple engine flights Hehehe thats the first time I have ever heard that phrase.

Ahh small things small mind. :}

foxtrot india
23rd Mar 2007, 23:55
I wonder if the Tea Lady’s Sunday night bain-marie meals of bubbling unidentified stews, which one should avoid if you want to fly the next day, will be thrust upon the new students from India?
Maybe enough local minds had been scared by the experience and prospective students are wising up to the antics that it was time to move offshore!
As long as Wod 1 and Wod 2 have anything to do with the running of the flying school those qualities small business aspire to in building a respected reputation in the industry will always take a back seat.

CoolCat
24th Mar 2007, 12:03
I like the idea of 'earning while learning'. If only there was a flight school where they'd give you a job so you could earn the money needed for the flight lessons.
After you get the CPL, get instructor, you can work for them as an instructor.
Wish something like that existed.

Bankstownboy
24th Mar 2007, 21:27
If only there was a flight school where they'd give you a job so you could earn the money needed for the flight lessons.

Hear Hear.

They could employ a student casually to do admin work behind the counter for a few hours a week and just deduct the money the student earns from their flight training account. Or maybe they could let students fly for 'free' on the condition that they sign a bond agreeing to 'repay' the school by way of wage deductions once they've gained a CPL and are working as an instructor at the school. Makes sense to me anyway...Now if only.

Howard Hughes
24th Mar 2007, 22:19
It does exist, you guys are just not looking hard enough or haven't taken the time to build a relationship with your flight school!

In the past many people earned extra dollars by working at the flying school they trained with, or at the airport in general. All to sadly, I think people are willing to do this formerly paid work for NOTHING!!:hmm: