View Full Version : Apprenticeships going in Scotland at the moment?

Commander1
22nd Mar 2007, 22:52
Hey all this is an enquiry for my boyfriend who is looking for an apprenticeship as he is nearing completion of his HNC in aircraft engineering. We have looked around and he has applied to Rolls Royce about 3 months ago and they are still assessing his application. I know Ryanair doesn't start advertising until around April-ish.

Is that all there is?

Please help :{

sdh2903
23rd Mar 2007, 11:14
Hi,

British Airways Maintenance at glasgow airport are taking on 10 new apprentice mechanics in september. I think the recruitment is done in conjunction with Reid Kerr College.

Hope this helps

Steve

Commander1
23rd Mar 2007, 17:58
It would be James Watt College where my boyfriend is because I know that Reid Kerr doesn't have aviation related courses. I think they are recruiting in May time so they said. So far we've only found Polar Air Cargo (Who have not go back to us) BA, Ryanair, RR and Goodrich. Not alot of jobs here is there.

Cheers

BAe146s make me cry
24th Mar 2007, 10:32
Get him to apply soon by clicking below..

http://gs19.globalsuccessor.com/fe/tpl_virgin01.asp?s=TenPmSXuHfWInKkWfc&jobid=36429,6015784854&key=4792033&c=466512237778&pagestamp=sejiwkwhripeklsniq

BAe146?? :{ :{

Commander1
25th Mar 2007, 10:54
Its asking "Eligible to work in the UK?"

Michael is a US citizen and here purely on a student visa, so i take it he cannot get into this scheme? It really pisses us off he came here to study for his HNC and nearly every place is only accepting UK citizen or people with citizenship. So how is he supposed to get a job here?

I really dont understand this country....:ugh: :mad:

matkat
26th Mar 2007, 17:57
Try getting a job in the states without the proper docs and you will see how it is near impossible. Every country will try and help out their own citizens which I find is perfectly reasonable and sound.

Commander1
26th Mar 2007, 19:23
I do see why the advertise for students to study in the UK then when they are not prepared to train these students it doesn't make sense and is bad for the economy. My boyfriend has spent £6000 already on his first year.