PDA

View Full Version : X Gulf Air Pilot Wins Out of Court Settlement Over Contract

kissmecaptain
22nd Mar 2007, 11:28
Heard a rumour that an x Gulf Air FO, took Gulf Air to court over the contract (Housing). Gulf Air where advised to settle out of court, due to a clear breach of the contract i.e. The contract states... Gulf Air will provide suitable accommodation....

Apparently his lawyer successfully argued that cabin crew and sky chef's where provided with accommodation that averaged 600Bd per month and it was only fair that pilots should be provided with similar. As the FO was only receiving 311 Bd per month in housing allowance Gulf Air agreed to pay the difference!!!! The FO was here for 3 years!!!

Thats a nice tidy cheque....

Any one else out there chasing Gulf Air for housing?

Also... Believe some FO's are in nice accommodation and they don't pay a thing out of there pockets?

Anybody else have anymore info on the above?

Thanks

DesertHawk
22nd Mar 2007, 15:24
would not surprise me a bit. I personally asked housing for accomidation and they told me "we have no accom avail right now you should go find your own and we will look at it" makes me happy someone got some money they deservew even if it is crap and this guy got nothing make me smile thinking it is possible

SubsonicMortal
22nd Mar 2007, 17:23
Would love to know who the lawyer was! Any info? I recall we all signed the same contract...

JoeJack
22nd Mar 2007, 20:31
Yep, do us all a favour a please post this lawyer`s contacts. If he doesn`t get us anything, at least he will have acess to Mr. Tariq B.'s (AKA Manager Property something... GFA) police file which would enlighten the new joiners a lot about Housing Dept. practices...:E

Safe Flights!:ok:

JJ

Desert_Storm
23rd Mar 2007, 15:31
:} This housing issue is getting us all crazy. I clearly remember when I made my assessment on 2005, Mr. Alan Mansel told us that single guys were entitled for a suitable accomodation comprised of a minimum of two bedrooms according to their HARD FURNISHING STANDARDS. Married guys were entitled for the same but the accomodation had to have at least three bedrooms an all that. Well, it turned out to be a bunch of lies since GF have no accomodations available and the reason why is because the prices in Bahrain has rose dramatically in part due to the american navy base guys; but this guys (GF) are not idiots so after you sign your contract you realise that evidently, GF has to provide a "suitable accomodation" but nothing is written about if it has to have two or three bedrooms, just has to be suitable; I wonder what is suitable for them?. Everytime one go to Mr. Tarikīs office, they say they have nothing and that you have to look for your own accomodation and on top of that, you have to put money out of your own pocket, some 300 or 400 BD (an extra 1.000 U.S dollars as an average out of your own pocket).
The thing is that GF HAS TO PROVIDE THEIR PILOTS WITH ACCOMODATION BECAUSE IT IS THE KINGDOMīS LAW (it isnīt that GF is being nice with us) and not only that, the DGCAM OMAN requires that this accomodation have to comply with some minimum standards as follows: it has to be quite, well illuminated and spacious. As we all already found, GF has nothing available so far and this situation have been happening also due to all of us as well; why we all rush into renting villas as soon as we get in Bahrain?; think this is why they are so relaxed in the housing department; why donīt we let them struggle to find properties?
About who will sue the company; well, personally I woudn't do that while flying for GF; you might win this one but at the end, they'll make your life miserable for sure but this is my personal opinion. Maybe if finally we all decide to get together and make a strong arm, maybe we can get something better, I donīt know.:ugh: :{

kissmecaptain
24th Mar 2007, 07:55
Gulf Air do have accommodation, where do the sky chef's and the cabin crew stay? Luxury apartments and they pay nothing!!!!

Yes I agree not wise to take them to court while still working here....

So whats the best way to approach this?

Go see the new boss when he turns up?

Or go to Air Arabia with the other 10 pilots that have just resigned!!!!