PDA

View Full Version : Qf577 22mar Sydper

Eastwest Loco
22nd Mar 2007, 09:23
QF577 today SYD PER was scheduled to roll at 1215 and duly did so at or around that time.

What I believe was initially a 743 air returned and was back on blocks at around 1410.

The flight was finally airborne at 1957 with a 744 as operational equipment, and I dare say a fairly pissed off standby crew that was dragged in.

Aeroplanes do break as we all know, but if any of you good PPRuNers can give me a heads up as to what broke it will give me the "yes I do know and this is why" ammunition to quell the angst of the professional surfers I had onboard. It a gimmie that they will call.

Best regards

EWL

Mud Skipper
22nd Mar 2007, 10:11
Hey Cainer, give EWL a go, honest questions should have a real answer. He's generally (always) fair so what's the real reason???? :hmm:

Captain Nomad
22nd Mar 2007, 10:23
Sounds like a failure of the left thronomeister to me... Without that you can't start the right gas inductor thermocombuster either so they would definitely have been stuck. :8

Eastwest Loco
22nd Mar 2007, 10:52
Thank God for that Nomadsan

If it had been the anterior phoofer valve then there may well have been a catastrophe.

Other than that I would suspect the thronomeister on the port side. A design weakness that has plagued the 743. K-Tel is in courtover this as we speak.

Engineering needs to be spoken to severely as you are not good to go if both are offline. Probably too busy installing a cat to fix the squeaking in the flight engineer's seat.

EWL

B A Lert
22nd Mar 2007, 11:07
Wonder if it was EBT?:E :E

woftam
22nd Mar 2007, 11:15
Im thinking that pesky #2 engine must have something to do with it. :E

rafterman
22nd Mar 2007, 11:40
It was EBY

Eastwest Loco
22nd Mar 2007, 11:42
Thanks Muddie - looks like qfcainer pulled his post. It really wasn't a problem. Hopefully amongst the fun a sustainable (or believable to the SLF) answer will pop up.

In the meantime, a little bit of fun does no harm.

Best regards

EWL

Clipped
22nd Mar 2007, 11:45
Can't wait for the D Cox spin - but I'm sure "we'll get to the root cause".

ruprecht
22nd Mar 2007, 12:14
EBY must still be sick from the Hajj.:yuk:

ruprecht.

Buster Hyman
22nd Mar 2007, 13:32
Be greatful it wasn't EBA...that hasn't even started yet!

Eastwest Loco
23rd Mar 2007, 08:47
I am pleased to say that I have received the correct info, and can advise the SLF involved (who were no doubt informed in the air but probably did not absorb the input) and can pass it on to them after they get to Margaet River.

Thanks to all who helped. It is good to see that if something is "broke" that the Rat returns rather than soldiers on. I would, and you all would accept no less.

Best all

EWL